Bricked router Buffalo WZR-HP-G450H need HELP

You said wan was fried not lan?
If wan and lan doesn't work, the devices pretty unusable, unless you need a wireless repeater.

The serial install instruction is on the device page, too.

i believe lan and wifi aren't working as result of corrupt flash, if the firmware is fixed i "suppose" lan will work again.

the thing is i booted on openwrt command line from the serial and putty just a single time, but it seem i can't manage to do that again... do you have any idea on how to boot to openwrt shell again or what i might be missing. thanks

Post the serial output for the boot, so we can see what goes wrong/how far it gets.

never mind that....i believe i hit accidently a wrong saved profile on putty and had a ssh connection with the other working router over wifi thinking it was the bricked buffalo via serial

. i'll buy one of those usb tll and see if i make any changes.

i get a black screen console on putty when connecting it through serial, nothing on it....if that has any meaning...but when i inverted mistakenly serial contacts, there was random characters on putty showing, don't know if that helps

i found another tutorial with inverted txd and rxd pins . doing so will generate odd symbols on my router ? any ideas ?

That usually suggests either an unreliable GND connection or incorrect baudrates (also make sure that you don't have Vcc connected and have set the correct voltage).

ok, got the usb ttl, i followed this guide https://digi9.net/221/openwrt-fix-loi-firmware-router-buffalo-wzr-hp-g450h/ (translated it in english)
done the firmware upload ,erase thing...rebooted

and now it get this from serial usb interface

BusyBox v1.28.4 () built-in shell (ash)

_______                     ________        __
 |       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
 |   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|                                 <---------openwrt logo
 |_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
 -----------------------------------------------------
 OpenWrt 18.06.4, r7808-ef686b7292
 -----------------------------------------------------
=== WARNING! =====================================
There is no root password defined on this device!
Use the "passwd" command to set up a new password
in order to prevent unauthorized SSH logins.
--------------------------------------------------
root@OpenWrt:/# bootm
/bin/ash: bootm: not found
root@OpenWrt:/#

no web ui, no wifi
now what ?

Congratulations, you're now running OpenWrt 18.06.4 something. Syupgrade that to a more recent official version. CLI sysupgrading consists of scp the sysupgrade file to the router /tmp then run sysupgrade on the router.

yep!! finally the buffalo made it through....
my advice is:
buy netgear!!

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

can't find the pencil on the title, i think the how to is outdated

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.