Asus TUF AX4200 support

Can this be fixed? and if so how

kern.info kernel: [ 12.328865] mt798x-wmac 18000000.wifi: WM Firmware Version: ____000000, Build Time: 20221012174725
kern.info kernel: [ 12.478397] mt798x-wmac 18000000.wifi: WA Firmware Version: DEV_000000, Build Time: 20221012174937
kern.warn kernel: [ 12.625275] mt798x-wmac 18000000.wifi: eeprom load fail, use default bin
user.info kernel: [ 15.562795] kmodloader: done loading kernel modules from /etc/modules.d/*

I have the same log section as Funnyland has, but my WiFi is working.
Maybe your WiFi is just misconfigured. I haven't tested it myself, but here is a link that explains how to regenerate the WiFi configuration:

The wifi doesn't start anymore even with the original Asus firmware. Which is normally always active after a reset

And when flashing to RC1 and RC 3 it went without any problems

Apparently calibration data got missing on flash somehow, maybe you overwrote it with something else?

I have no idea but I don't know how to fix it

I've uploaded a backup of both factory partitions, Factory and Factory2 here from my ax4200tuf:

These instructions might be of help to get them flashed.

Here is a full ubi0 backup incase you need it:

3 Likes

Hi, I ordered this router yesterday and I have some questions:
1- Can you increase the Wi-Fi power on the original firmware?
2- Is it possible to install OpenWRT with a graphical interface on it without disassembling the router?
3- Finally, can you revert to the original firmware after installing OpenWRT without soldering, etc.?

Ask Asus.

If you'd have read the thread, you'd have known it's a no.

Since already have it set up for installing, it doesn't really matter if you also needed for uninstalling.

2 Likes

just wanted to say thank you System is running again

2 Likes

Hello, I just filled the TUF-AX4200's Wiki Page.
In the past, someone created two other blank pages for the same model, I found no way to get them deleted.

tuf ax4200, ax4200.

I used the already existing hwdata page, but the name does not match the wiki page: asus_ax4200 - perhaps it can be renamed to tuf-ax4200 ?

This is my first wiki page, and I'm not sure about the tags and the hwdata, I'd appreciate it if someone could look over it.

3 Likes

Hi everyone. Among those who have flashed this router with OpenWRT, what speeds have you noticed, wireless and wired? Would it be able to take advantage of a Gigabit connection? I read this thread from 2 years ago that said it was basically impossible for all-in-one routers under OpenWRT to do so, but this one is recent so I'm wondering. Thanks!

Edit: just saw this post, sorry!

Hey @ptthstr

Symmetric 1Gbit/s NAT is no problem :slight_smile:
With iPerf3 I can saturate the 2,5G port with at least 2,3G

Good to know, thank you!

1 Like

Another question for those who have tried it: can the AX4200 handle SQM at Gigabit speeds? Thanks!

with 1.4 ghz processor you can sqm to 400/400

if you want calculate aproximative with ax4200 asus

for the nat witouth sqm he work with fiber easy

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty much sure its Quad core ARM53 CPU, with 2GHz and irqbalance installed, will have no problems handling 1/1Gbps SQM cake.

Iā€™m expecting the router to arrive this week, so will confirm once OpenWRT is installed.

Is there anyone who already has it that can say for sure?

2 Likes

yes so this test ?? do you has a good sqm with this

A post was split to a new topic: Selecting a USB-TTL adapter and installing OpenWrt onto Asus TIF AX4200

I see that 23.05 came out, is this device included? I know it's in snapshot currently.

https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=23.05.0&target=mediatek%2Ffilogic&id=asus_tuf-ax4200