Archer C60 v2 Need to return to stock, Can help me plz

Hi
This Archer C60 have openwrt
I need to return back to stock firmware this AC1350 - Archer C60 v2
I try many things but I cant,
Can help me please ?
Many thanks

Hi

Well, if you say what you tried and what you got, you make it easier for people to help you.

2 Likes

The OEM is always the best place to look

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1482/

3 Likes

Hi guys,
At first, many thanks for yours help. I try to found the stripped file for this model but I cant. I flashed one file that find in the tplink download center (not have boot in description) but nothing happend. I dont try anymore becuse not like to brick the router.
This file I flash it:
ArcherC60v2_un-up-ver2-0-0-P1[20161206-rel60287].bin (renamed to tp_recovery.bin )

Sorry because I dont have many experiencies in this.
Thanks again

mbo2o
In the C60 is openwrt installed. How I make to install the OEM firmware ? This is my question. Regards.

Did you read https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1482/ ?

Of courseI read it, but this method is if I can access to the router at 192.168.0.1 but in my situation the webpage is only access at the openwrt on 192.168.1.1. Or I'm wrong ? I need stripped firmware to flash from openwrt or need flash via tftp.
Thanks

OK, I understand now. Your device is not in a bricked state. Apologies.

Have you tried this?

• Did you simply try flashing the OEM file?
  • Did you use the command line or LuCI web GUI?

I agree with @mhegab - please tell us what you've tried already.

Yes, I flash through tftp this file but nothing happend.
Not exist stripped file for C60 ?

Step
Power cycle the router with the power button, wait a moment and you will get this page.

You seem to be using a mix of instructions from various sources. Just use the OEM Faq link above.

If you still need help call tplink tech support

2 Likes

I wrote that the tutorial of OEM Fac instruction not serve to me because the router is with openwrt firmware inside.

That shouldn't matter, I think. The link that both @mbo2o and @lleachii shared is for recovering a bricked router. So I think as long as the router serves the Web page for recovery, it shouldn't matter what firmware is installed, because you are not booting it.

2 Likes

Hey did you solved this? I'm trying to revert to original firmware too. My router is not bricked, when I use Luci to flash the factory firmware I get this messenge: "The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform."

Hi, No bro I cant flashed because my only connection is through tftp but not find this firmware. I you found the solution please help me. Many thanks

Here You are

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=05202949884444387568

I used to perform command dd if=orig.bin of=tp_recovery.bin skip=257 bs=512 to create Stripped firmware for Archer C60 (EU) V2
Hope it solves your problem
Let me know if you're done successfully