March 25, 2023, 4:55pm
So it looks like there are three different editions of Deco X60, V1, V2, V3. Not sure what will be needed to support each, so might need a separate thread for each.
This thread is about v2. I have 2 of these units, as they came in a 2-pack.
There is a wiki page here with more info:
"CPU1: Qualcomm IPQ8071 (1.0 GHz, 4 cores)", unsure of difference between IPQ8071 and IPQ8071A? I think A variant is 400mhz faster?
Similar hardware running OpenWRT
Closest I could find is
Qualcomm IPQ8071 (1.0 GHz, 4 cores)
Qualcomm IPQ8071A (1 GHz, 4 cores)
128 MiB (Winbond W29N01HZSINF)
256 MiB (Winbond W29N02GZSIBA)
512 MiB (ESMT M15T4G16256-DEP)
512 MiB (EtronTech EM6HE16EWAKG-10H)
WI1 802dot11 protocols
WL1 MIMO Config
WL1 Antenna Connector
WL2 Antenna Connector
Qualcomm Atheros QCA8075
Qualcomm Atheros QCA8072
TP-Link has their opensource code at
https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/gpl-code/ . It looks like the GPL Code uses OpenWRT?
I've created a mirror here (since the license shows GPL):
FFCID page 12 , the screenshot shows IPQ8071. Qualcomm website has a marketing page showing the X60
March 25, 2023, 6:40pm
The more important difference between A and non-A is the hardware revision of its wireless cores, ath11k only supports hw2.0 (ipq8071a), while hw1.0 (ipq8071) is unsupported (and likely never will be).
robimarko's commit for more details!
11:42AM - 16 Jan 23 UTC
Qualcomm Atheros IPQ807x is a modern WiSoC featuring:
* Quad Core ARMv8 Cortex A
* @ 2.2 GHz (IPQ8072A/4A/6A/8A) Codename Hawkeye
* @ 1.4 GHz (IPQ8070A/1A) Codename Acorn
* Dual Band simultaneaous IEEE 802.11ax
* 5G: 8x8/80 or 4x4/160MHz (IPQ8074A/8A)
* 5G: 4x4/80 or 2x2/160MHz (IPQ8071A/2A/6A)
* 5G: 2x2/80MHz (IPQ8070A)
* 2G: 4x4/40MHz (IPQ8072A/4A/6A/8A)
* 2G: 2x2/40MHz (IPQ8070A/1A)
* 1x PSGMII via QCA8072/5 (Max 5x 1GbE ports)
* 2x SGMII/USXGMII (1/2.5/5/10 GbE) on Hawkeye
* 2x SGMII/USXGMII (1/2.5/5 GbE) on Acorn
* DDR3L/4 32/16 bit up to 2400MT/s
* SDIO 3.0/SD card 3.0/eMMC 5.1
* Dual USB 3.0
* One PCIe Gen2.1 and one PCIe Gen3.0 port (Single lane)
* Parallel NAND (ONFI)/LCD
* 6x QUP BLSP SPI/I2C/UART
* I2S, PCM, and TDMA
* HW PWM
* 1.8V configurable GPIO
* Companion PMP8074 PMIC via SPMI (GPIOS, RTC etc)
Note that only v2 SOC models aka the ones ending with A suffix are
supported, v1 models do not comply to the final 802.11ax and have
lower clocks, lack the Gen3 PCIe etc.
SoC itself has two UBI32 cores for the NSS offloading system, however
currently no offloading is supported.
Signed-off-by: Robert Marko <firstname.lastname@example.org>
April 4, 2023, 8:57pm
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.