Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi Redmi AC2100

Could anyone check /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy1/mt76/rate_txpower on latest stable or snapshot image? It shouldn't be all zeroes

all 0 on mine using latest master

i have some other routers xiami mir3g and 4a (which do not use mt7615) whcih have values populated

mtd write kernel1.bin kernel

mtd write rootfs0.bin ubi

The 2 partition names are slightly different when you're on OpenWrt.

The two mtd write commands that you typed in failed, so it shouldn't change anything on the router.

Just stopped by to say that I'm using snapshot from the weekend and it seems a lot more stable than the 21.02.00 release. Wifi improved as I've read that some work has been done in mt76 drivers. I hope it's not placebo effect.

I'm still wondering how padavan firmware can have decent wifi performance. I've tried several padavan builds and all seemed very stable on wifi. I wish we could somehow put those drivers in openwrt. Or if anyone knows how to, please let me know. I'm eager to try.

In the old thread for the Xiaomi there was a build with mtk drivers and just yesterday a other thread was closed that had more people addressing those drivers and the possibility of building with mtk drivers. I didn't go there yet, trying such build, you also needed to correct something in Luci.

Can you link the threads that you were talking about?

I was going to but you were pretty active in the Xiaomi one so I'll just link the other one:

1 Like