I don't want to pollute the current adblock support thread with discussions regarding adblock 4 pre-releases, therefore I've added a new topic for this ...
Update: official PRs for adblock 4.0.0 has been added, therefore I've removed the pre-releases from my github account.
- Complete rewrite, this is no drop-in update (see update notices!)
- new package dependencies: coreultis-sort and a download util with SSL support
- focus on speed (multicore-support) to handle quite big lists
- include 35 pre-configured blocklist sources in a compressed json file (/etc/adblock/adblock.sources.gz)
- SafeSearch support for google, bing, duckduckgo, yandex, youtube and pixabay
- DNS backend autodetection
- Download Utility autodetection
- Report Interface autodetection
- Easy cron wrapper to set an adblock related auto-timer
- raw list support (e.g. for dnscrypt support)
- Complete LuCI rewrite (migrated to client side JS), see screenshots in the second post
- much more ...
- only compatible with master and 19.07.x
- please stop adblock 3.8.x:
/etc/config/dhcpand remove any 'serversfile' entries
- download & install the pre-releases from above github link:
opkg install <...>
- have fun!
- tested with 19.07 and with latest master
- tested with dnsmasq, kresd, bind and unbound in my production environment
- raw mode has been tested successfully by users
- docs are updated
- no more bugs!
It would be great if you could test this pre-release as well - thanks!