A noob with MONEY, battling buffer bloat HELP!

mukiwa,

Your expertise is interesting (and valued) but as others have pointed out and I already knew, HFTraders

use certain tech / connection speeds.... FOR CERTAIN STRATEGIES. It's really all about the "strategy".

It is not my intention to jump in and out of buy and sell positions at the speed of light a bazzillion

times a millisecond, profiting fractions or cents each time...I am merely pursuing execution speed to

become a natural extension of my actual thought process. I see the chart, the level, calculate the news (if any)

liquidity, Level 2 flow and hit the button. Like a Martial art "strike"....HFTraders are doing something different

usually front running. I actually USE them...HFT algos sense buying activity from a large

entity...and join in after "sniffing it out". My experience, while looking at a streaming chart

(already knowing the free trading float of a particular ticker) can "tell" what 1 candle sticks

STRENGTH reveals....and I know that the HFT algos are "sniffing that as well" and buying will kick in....It's

like sitting on you surf board and waiting for the "right wave" to come along. The

HFT "make that wave" for me so, I'm not competing WITH them....I'm USING them :slight_smile:

Reading over the list of OpenWrt devices can someone help me with understanding the differences in and capabilities OF
Emulator

Modem

NAS

Range Extender

Router

Single Board Computer

Switch

I am seeing different configs and different CPUs (speeds) and RAM ( looking for min of 128)
Some have suggested the Raspberry Pi family, but I am only seeing a max RAM of 8GB ? on those?

...sorry, not GB but MB

8MB RAM???

I must be confusing my memories of other device readings (apparently) Maybe I was thinking of APU's

thank you for pointing this out :slight_smile: Although I listed a few things, my quires are starting to zero in on ( as moeller0 pointed out) big iron routers, Single Board Computers and smart managed switches.

Have not ruled out Raspberries, but I'm just now starting to educate myself ON them...even clustering :slight_smile:

Figured out my mix up I was indeed thinking 4GB of RAM ...which...= 4096MB :slight_smile:

Understood. It's a hard one to follow so I envy you, I've dipped a toe or two into the stock market, did ok for a while then the oil crash took me out. Win some, lose some.
I wish you well :slight_smile: