OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Update on Linksys WRT1900AC support

The content of this topic has been archived between 16 Sep 2014 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

You can paste the build public key in /etc/opkg/keys. I can't test it right now cause im away from home but if anyone of you know (or find) a solution to avoid packages check error, let me know.

openwrt@SRV001:~/trunk-public$ cat key-build.pub
untrusted comment: Local build key
RWQdC5XJF3pOeTtg5gQu9kYbC8ikKXFwHBLFS6nxUL8PMO5CGYCrsk8F

Rgds,

EDIT: Found ! see #p317809

(Last edited by mrfrezee on 2 Apr 2016, 11:55)

lifehacksback wrote:

looks solid. How come wrt1900ac doesnt have the this option? has the uboot even been updated?

There's no need for an update.

nitroshift

That means the WRT1900AC is not one of your choices yet, right?

Also, I'm personally very bummed by the fact it has Marvell WiFi. They tend to be really mediocre and buggy, both in Windows, Linux and embedded applications.

Avolin wrote:

That means the WRT1900AC is not one of your choices yet, right?

Also, I'm personally very bummed by the fact it has Marvell WiFi. They tend to be really mediocre and buggy, both in Windows, Linux and embedded applications.

My SurfaceBook has marvell wifi chip and it is the worst wifi experience in my life (when bundled with my wrt1900ac). Hopefully there is great developers so I can make it better with OpenWRT.

Hello everyone, I have a question. I have the linksys wrt1900acs, I put openwrt but my ISP requires a vlan vid, ports would be for Lan: 0,1,2,3,6. and the Wan: 4,5. internet to work would have to configure only the part Wan, that is to say: 4t, 5t. Or the port cpu Lan: 0,1,2,3,6t. Thanks for everything

(Last edited by roberto_MCF on 2 Apr 2016, 09:09)

@roberto

My ISP also use tagged vlans to distinguish IPTV and VoIP from WAN traffic. Mine is 835 and my switch conf (for WRT1900ACv1, check for your specific hardware) is as follow, where the WAN port (4) is tagged and the CPU (6) is untagged:

config switch_vlan
        option device 'switch0'
        option vlan '2'
        option vid '835'
        option ports '4t 6'
mrfrezee wrote:

@roberto

My ISP also use tagged vlans to distinguish IPTV and VoIP from WAN traffic. Mine is 835 and my switch conf (for WRT1900ACv1, check for your specific hardware) is as follow, where the WAN port (4) is tagged and the CPU (6) is untagged:

config switch_vlan
        option device 'switch0'
        option vlan '2'
        option vid '835'
        option ports '4t 6'

Thank you for responding, in my case, the wrt1900acs is unlike the 1900ac v1, the wan port is 4 and the CPU 5. Then wan to the lan ports are 0-3 and 6 the port cpu. my ISP asks me vid vlan 1074, in my case it's only Internet, none of IPTV or VOIP. You would not need to label the cpu?

Your building has switch settings in Luci?

(Last edited by roberto_MCF on 2 Apr 2016, 11:01)

mrfrezee wrote:
tului wrote:

What kernel version is in trunk now?

Still in 4.1 by default https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/t … u/Makefile

BTW, for anyone that is interested, im about to provide some builds (like David's ones, many thanks to him) and, more important if you don't want to build the packages (or don't know how), a full package repository for kernel 4.4.6. Compilation finished this morning and im bringing the website up in a few.

EDIT: Its up !

Thanks for providing your build, davidc502 build was giving me a lot of error on the wifi. The interface went offline every day a few times. Is there a difference build options or .... ?
The first impression of your build is good (no wifi trouble) and love that the packages are also there.
One thing i notice is that if you use a guest wifi on the 5 GHz the world regulatory domain won't work. You have to use a country setting to get the guest wifi up and running, in my case 'NI'.

To all using my builds/repo, here's the way to avoid package signature errors:

cd /tmp
wget --no-check-certificate https://openwrt.nc-network.io/key-build.pub
opkg-key add key-build.pub

And verify you have these three keys in /etc/opkg/keys/ (mine is 1d0b95c9177a4e79)

root@net002:~# ls /etc/opkg/keys/
1422a575501506f0  1d0b95c9177a4e79  af22f7a88858c8e9

FYI, i'm building another firmware with some modification (see Changelog on my webpage). Compile should be finished tomorrow afternoon.

(Last edited by mrfrezee on 2 Apr 2016, 11:55)

jglooije wrote:

One thing i notice is that if you use a guest wifi on the 5 GHz the world regulatory domain won't work. You have to use a country setting to get the guest wifi up and running, in my case 'NI'.

Seems like a wifi firmware issue. Didn't experienced that as i always put a country settings to be sure i'm not going apeshit on transmit power smile

jglooije wrote:

davidc502 build was giving me a lot of error on the wifi. The interface went offline every day a few times. Is there a difference build options or .... ?

Firmware and driver seems the same but maybe david used a patch or a default config file i'm not including in my releases. I build with all the files listed in my modded files folder. If it's not there, then i'm using the default trunk one (example: the default /etc/config/wireless)

Thanks for your feedback.

(Last edited by mrfrezee on 2 Apr 2016, 13:06)

Is it safe to flash the wrt1200ac with the stock linksys firmware using the openwrt web ui. i.e. System->Backup/Flash Firmware ->Flash new firmware image? i.e. I'm currently running openwwrt and want to go back to the stock firmware. I think this is what the documentation says. I just want to double check and ask for the best way to change OpenWrt images.  I've read that its generally best fo flash stock firmware in between other images. Or can i just flash with another openwrt sysupgrade image?

chrismrutherford wrote:

Is it safe to flash the wrt1200ac with the stock linksys firmware using the openwrt web ui. i.e. System->Backup/Flash Firmware ->Flash new firmware image? i.e. I'm currently running openwwrt and want to go back to the stock firmware. I think this is what the documentation says. I just want to double check and ask for the best way to change OpenWrt images.  I've read that its generally best fo flash stock firmware in between other images. Or can i just flash with another openwrt sysupgrade image?

Yes, it is safe.. do not keep settings (uncheck).. Also, be sure to do it from ethernet and NOT WiFi.

Has anyone had any issues with their recent trunk builds and the 1900ac v1 LED's?

The only LED's I have listed available under /sys/class/leds is mamba:white:power. I assumed it was just a trunk change that went awry, but given I haven't seen anyone mention it in this thread yet, I suspect I've broken something sad

Any ideas?

mrfrezee wrote:
tului wrote:

What kernel version is in trunk now?

Still in 4.1 by default https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/t … u/Makefile

BTW, for anyone that is interested, im about to provide some builds (like David's ones, many thanks to him) and, more important if you don't want to build the packages (or don't know how), a full package repository for kernel 4.4.6. Compilation finished this morning and im bringing the website up in a few.

EDIT: Its up !

I've linked the webpage to your repository.

Will update builds to point to your repository, so people don't manually need to.

I fail to see why you can't use live trunk to add packages. Why use a stagnant repository? When you can use live trunk without ignoring sigs.
Or am I in left field? And misunderstanding?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E … =folder%2c

@disleos

Nothing has changed in trunk regarding TLC5911xx family since I submitted the change that introduced the new driver a while ago, so something's broken on your end.

nitroshift

(Last edited by nitroshift on 3 Apr 2016, 06:04)

@northbound

Trunk is still using kernel 4.1, whereas the firmware image I made available and you linked to is using kernel 4.4.6. Hopefully 4.4.7 will be out these days, new build based on it will be out too.

nitroshift

(Last edited by nitroshift on 3 Apr 2016, 06:02)

nitroshift wrote:

@northbound

Trunk is still using kernel 4.1, whereas the firmware image I made available and you linked to is using kernel 4.4.6. Hopefully 4.4.7 will be out these days, new build based on it will be out too.

nitroshift

Understood and looking forward to the latest. TY nitroshift.

Hello everyone , I have a problem with openwrt , basically I can not use the / etc / config / network command always makes me permission denied , also if I try to connect to the router via telnet tells me impossible to connect . And I had to press the button until restet rear load the factory firmware . E tested version of davidc502 and has no switch config un Luci web.

(Last edited by roberto_MCF on 3 Apr 2016, 07:47)

roberto_MCF wrote:

Hello everyone , I have a problem with openwrt , basically I can not use the / etc / config / network command always makes me permission denied , also if I try to connect to the router via telnet tells me impossible to connect . And I had to press the button until restet rear load the factory firmware . E tested version of davidc502 and has no switch config un Luci web.

you are really logged in as "root"?
telnet won't work, you have to use a ssh connection. putty (windows) is very common.

(Last edited by trustno1foxm on 3 Apr 2016, 07:51)

trustno1foxm wrote:
roberto_MCF wrote:

you are really logged in as "root"?
telnet won't work, you have to use a ssh connection. putty (windows) is very common.

if the application using putty ssh root and entering with or without password, do not let me do nothing , only it works vi / etc / network command. but the rest is permission denied

roberto_MCF wrote:

"network" is a file located at /etc/config, you can only edit it with vi, vim, nano or any other text editing package because it hasn't the "x" flag set and it shouldn't either. The "x" flag means it's an executable file.

nitroshift

(Last edited by nitroshift on 3 Apr 2016, 08:13)