OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Files and install instructions for HooToo HT-TM02 and HT-TM04(RT5350)

The content of this topic has been archived between 29 Mar 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

RangerZ wrote:

The kmod fs-ext4 is for a USB drive formatted in EXT3/4.  You can, at least for debugging, use a FAT32 USB drive to get past this issue.

If the goal is not to mount a USB data device but a 3g modem then you may not need the samba or the kmod-ext4 packages.

When you say the nfs and 3g are missing, do you mean not installed or not in the list of packages to install?  If the former, they are not missing, they are not installed by default.  If you are using CC 15.05 check the download paths for the packages.  Make sure it points to the  right path and not RCX.  Long story short there was an issue.

You can manually install the packages. 
Download the package locally.
Use WinSCP to move the package to your router.  I typically put it in \etc\
Login to the router with Putty
Change to the directory

cd /etc
opkg install ./[filename].ipk

You will see the progress in the terminal window.
Go back to WinSCP and delete the package.

If you are not clear the device is configured or was flashed correctly, you can just reflash the sysupgrade over what you got.  Make sure to uncheck the keep config check box!!!   Reflashing may not be a bad idea it you have been having issues and just recovered the device.

thanks everyone, had to travel and dropped everything for a while.
the nfs and 3g are not in the list of packages to install. followed your instuctions but got this

root@OpenWrt:~# cd /etc
root@OpenWrt:/etc# opkg install ,./kmod-fs-ext4_2.6.32.10-1_ixp4xx.ipk
Unknown package 'kmod-fs-ext4'.
Collected errors:
* pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-fs-ext4 found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-fs-ext4.

@liladude, you were correct. cleared my cache and the login page disappeared.
@mmmdonuts, openwrt is installed in the HT-TM01 while the HT-TH02 still has the HooToo default firmware

Not clear what version of FW you are on.  For CC final the file should be here: https://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_cal … ages/base/ 

I would have expected the file name to be kmod-fs-ext4_3.18.20-1_ramips_24kec.ipk
and the statement to be
opkg install ./kmod-fs-ext4_3.18.20-1_ramips_24kec.ipk
or
opkg install ./kmod-fs-ext4*.ipk

Not sure why you have the few extra chrs.

If this does not work search the wiki for how to install local packages.

RangerZ wrote:

Not clear what version of FW you are on.  For CC final the file should be here: https://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_cal … ages/base/ 

I would have expected the file name to be kmod-fs-ext4_3.18.20-1_ramips_24kec.ipk
and the statement to be
opkg install ./kmod-fs-ext4_3.18.20-1_ramips_24kec.ipk
or
opkg install ./kmod-fs-ext4*.ipk

Not sure why you have the few extra chrs.

If this does not work search the wiki for how to install local packages.

used that ipk file and got this

root@OpenWrt:/etc# opkg install ./kmod-fs-ext4_3.18.20-1_ramips_24kec.ipk
Installing kmod-fs-ext4 (3.18.20-1) to root...
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-fs-ext4:
*     kernel (= 3.18.20-1-c8b57a131072a3198e594822481af3e0) *     kmod-lib-crc16 *     kmod-crypto-hash *

Ok, that tells me you are not on CC final (the kernel message says that you are using a version of kmod not intended for the kernel)  Look at your Software=>Configuration tab to find the path to the correct repository and download the kmod-fs-ext4 that is there.

sleopantro wrote:

thanks everyone, had to travel and dropped everything for a while.
the nfs and 3g are not in the list of packages to install. followed your instuctions but got this

root@OpenWrt:/etc# opkg install ,./kmod-fs-ext4_2.6.32.10-1_ixp4xx.ipk
Unknown package 'kmod-fs-ext4'.
Collected errors:
* pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-fs-ext4 found, but incompatible with the architectures configured

If you did not perform a sysupdate after you installed the openwrt firmware you can only install packages that were released with the revision you installed, either 42649 or 44945. Unfortunately on the git there is a copy of it only for the 44945 https://github.com/wingspinner/HooToo-T … _24kec.ipk

(Last edited by liladude on 11 Oct 2015, 17:54)

Also note that if you choose to upgrade to any CC version that you will loose the packages and config that wingspinner developed.  See the first few posts and his github.

sleopantro wrote:

@mmmdonuts, openwrt is installed in the HT-TM01 while the HT-TH02 still has the HooToo default firmware

You can create a backup of the mtd partitions from the TM02 and use those to reflash the TM01 back to factory if you choose to  at some point.  Keep in mind you can tftp the TM01 to factory if it has the original bootloader.  If it has the OpenWRT bootloader you may need to replace that via serial console or flash programmer. The process to convert from factory to OpenWRT via the HooToo web admin page using the image created by wingspinner will overwrite the bootloader and firmware so it's a good idea to backup everything before taking that first step.

The HooToo factory bootloader does tftp on 10.10.10.128 (client/router) and 10.10.10.254 (server) looking for "kernel" and "rootfs" files, though you only need a "kernel" file to do the job.

The OpenWRT bootloader does tftp on 10.10.10.123 (client/router) and 10.10.10.3 (server) looking for "Kernal.bin".

I have a TM02 that shows both blue and green at start up and they stay lit. No idea how it was bricked, but would like to give recovery a try having just resurrected a very-bricked Buffalo-300HP with OpenWrt and a serial programmer.

The TFTP method does not work on this TM02. I connected a serial programmer and using a puTTY Serial session, I can get garbage back when turning on the router. I tried various baud rates and the garbage just arrives faster or slower depending on the speed set. It is never the same garbage or length though. Usually a string of characters from about 50 to 150 each time and mostly non-text characters. Most of which look like Chinese/Asian symbols.

The stream at start up gives me some hope of recovery but I need help to move forward from this point. I have tried all of the appropriate suggestions in this thread so far but still nothing. I am using windows and really don't have the means (retired) of setting up a Linux machine should that be any easier option.

Where do I go from this point?

Hi, excuse me if this was posted before. With Openwrt is possible to use TM02 only as a nas on my local network ? Thanks.

HooTooBeatMe wrote:

I have a TM02 that shows both blue and green at start up and they stay lit. No idea how it was bricked, but would like to give recovery a try having just resurrected a very-bricked Buffalo-300HP with OpenWrt and a serial programmer.

The TFTP method does not work on this TM02. I connected a serial programmer and using a puTTY Serial session, I can get garbage back when turning on the router. I tried various baud rates and the garbage just arrives faster or slower depending on the speed set. It is never the same garbage or length though. Usually a string of characters from about 50 to 150 each time and mostly non-text characters. Most of which look like Chinese/Asian symbols.

The stream at start up gives me some hope of recovery but I need help to move forward from this point. I have tried all of the appropriate suggestions in this thread so far but still nothing. I am using windows and really don't have the means (retired) of setting up a Linux machine should that be any easier option.

Where do I go from this point?

When I connected the serial console to my bricked TM02 I could see the bootloader was still alive and looking for a new "kernel" at 10.10.10.254 , so thanks to mmmdonuts suggestions, I managed to flash it through ethernet and tfpt server. As someone else pointed out, baud was 57600.
If your bootloader is gone, I suspect you need a chip flasher, as described in first post, but I am just guessing.

Thanks, liladude, using a serial programmer connection direct to the board, the 57600 was the key as I can now see U-Boot with options. That's a good start. Now I just have to figure out what all those options mean. smile

The options shown are...
Please choose the operation:
   1: Load system code to SDRAM via TFTP.
   2: Load system code then write to Flash via TFTP.
   3: Boot system code via Flash (default).
   4: Entr boot command line interface.
   7: Load Boot Loader code then write to Flash via Serial.
   9: Load Boot Loader code then write to Flash via TFTP.     

I guess I can give option 1 a try. I'd like to install the HooToo stock firmware and start again.

After the options I am getting the default menu option running, #3
3: System Boot system code via Flash.
## Booting image at bc050000 ...
raspi_read: from :50000 len:40
.Bad Magic Number,23212F62

Not sure what to do about that Magic Number.

I have downloaded the HooToo tar.gz in the revised link on page 1 or 2 of this thread. I used 7zip to un-gz and un-tar and found the Kernel folder but not sure what to do with all that stuff.

The main problem I am having is that very helpful people here (you included) assume a certain level of prior knowledge with linux et al. I am not a newbie to computers or windows programming but totally lost with most of the linux-type stuff.

I will look back through your posts as I recall reading about renaming the firmware to Kernel.something and not including uboot.bin or something in the upload folder.

Thanks anyway. It was good to see real text on the screen. Not sure how I missed 57600 as I tried a bunch.

(Last edited by HooTooBeatMe on 12 Oct 2015, 17:56)

Just found this on the HooToo website...
fw-WiFiPort-HooToo-TM02-2.000.026.zip

Can I just rename this to Kernel.bin and use the serial connection mentioned above to restore it to stock?

If so, what option in the uboot menu of 1...9 should I select?

Thanks

HooTooBeatMe wrote:

Just found this on the HooToo website...
fw-WiFiPort-HooToo-TM02-2.000.026.zip

Can I just rename this to Kernel.bin and use the serial connection mentioned above to restore it to stock?

If so, what option in the uboot menu of 1...9 should I select?

Thanks

You can't just rename the file.  The HooToo firmware file is a script with a compressed payload.  The payload is an upgrade filesystem that is extracted and mounted to perform the upgrade on routers running factory firmware.  The problem is that the upgrade is not a complete system image and not enough to restore a router which may be missing other mtd partitions or were running 3rd party firmware.

If you want to go back to factory you need a factory bootloader and a backup of the firmware (mtd4-mtd8).  If you want OpenWRT you need the firmware.bin from the squashfs-factory bin or mtd3 from a router/backup.

I have 10 BIN files on a thumb drive from the OpenWRT install in the HT-Flash folder.  One is called bootloader.bin, 192 KB, another called Kernel_RootFS.BIN, 1536KB.  Is this what you need?

mmmdonuts wrote:

You can't just rename the file.

smile Thanks, I should have said unzip then rename the file. I checked it with an hex editor and it does look to be a binary thing with a short text header.

RangerZ wrote:

I have 10 BIN files on a thumb drive from the OpenWRT install in the HT-Flash folder.  One is called bootloader.bin, 192 KB, another called Kernel_RootFS.BIN, 1536KB.  Is this what you need?

Thanks, but I don't know what I need unless you are sure that the Kernel_RootFS.BIN is the original HooToo firmware. I am a REAL novice with this stuff.

I have two of these routers and I have managed to get one working as it did the TFTP/Ethernet thing liladude mentioned. But this one was a little more hammered than the other one. It seems to have U-Boot and that's it.

From memory it said, Broadcom UBoot version 3.6...   2012
and if I am quick with the "4" key I can get it to drop into the UBoot command line. But have no clue what to do next. smile

All i know is that what is made during the initial setup on page 1 of the post.  See:

WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE UPGRADE AND WHY YOU NEED A USB FLASH STICK

Not sure if there is any detail of what these are anywhere.

Ahhh, RangerZ, thanks, it does look like they are the files I need. BUT before putting you to any more trouble sending them. Let me research the process as wingspinner alludes to this person, "well versed embedded hardware/software hacker" and I am certainly not that person yet. LOL

Sooo, let me see if I can find some detailed instructions that will show me the way. I have the programmer and cables so that part is easy. I can also access and manipulate the UBoot console, but I do NOT know what I am doing and that is always dangerous. But, if I can find instructions, I would be most grateful for a copy of those files.

I realize these are only 15-bucks items, but if I can get this second one going I will then have two working that I can give to needy local old farts whose routers may have failed them. smile

Here they are, all in 1 rar,  https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2gc0ytfybnxo … h.rar?dl=0

Please confirm you have them so I can free up the space

Not sure if it matters
The device Label is HOOTOOTM02, not sure if I set it or not.  Probably did.
The files are in a folder called HT_Flash
There also was another folder at root called .vst, with a folder called i4dlna and another called upgrade.  The first had a file called i4dlna.db, the latter the  openwrt-ramips-rt305x-ht-tm02-squashfs-factory-r42649.bin

(Last edited by RangerZ on 12 Oct 2015, 23:57)

Thanks RangerZ, I have them saved here. I am still searching for instructions on how to do the install. I am guessing they may have to be installed in a specific order as the UBoot shows stuff like "Loading something.bin at 8f0000"

As I already have the UBoot still working I am reluctant to trash the thing completely so slowly slowly is the course.

HooTooBeatMe wrote:

Thanks RangerZ, I have them saved here. I am still searching for instructions on how to do the install. I am guessing they may have to be installed in a specific order as the UBoot shows stuff like "Loading something.bin at 8f0000"

As I already have the UBoot still working I am reluctant to trash the thing completely so slowly slowly is the course.

I must admit I was was puzzled as you are and I found the solution through the answers.
Not sure if you have a windows/linux/mac pc, so you'll need to find how to for your Os.
You already have your router connected through serial console.
Install a tfpt server on your pc. Set your Ethernet with static address 10.10.10.254.
inside the main folder of your tftp server put
- for the open wrt the firmware.bin file from the zip you get front the 'factory' bin
- for the Hootoo firmware the combination of partial bins suggested by mmmdonuts
rename it kernel (remove the .bin)

Connect your pc and router through Ethernet cable.
From the serial console try 1 or 2, it should look for a file called kernel in server on your tftp
After that it will look for another file you don't have, dismiss it and reboot the router (unplug power, plug it again).
After that you should see it coming back to life as openwrt or Hootoo
If n.1 option in serial console is not working, with everything setted as above and a paperclip ( or your finger if you have the boatr out of its housing) press the reset button, unplug power, keep reset pushed and plug power on. You'll see the bootloader booting, starting a countdown up to ten, then looking for the tftp file. When the tftp is issued you can release the reset button.
My unit was not willing to let me connect to the Hootoo wifi, so I opted for openwrt.
tftp over Ethernet is fast, I would suggest you to get the latest and bigger firmware bin from the git and then sysupgrade to CC stable.
Let me know if it works for you.
lila

(Last edited by liladude on 13 Oct 2015, 13:43)

RangerZ wrote:

Those are the backups created by wingspinner's script when going from HooToo to OpenWRT.  One problem is that the script has a bug and creates a bad backup of rootfs (mtd8) and the resulting set of files won't work to restore a router.  The factory firmware set for a HooToo router is mtd4-mtd8.  You can concatenate these partitions into the "kernel" file requested by tftp in order to restore the factory firmware. It really is as simple as "cat"ing them together into a single file.

For those who haven't been to the page yet the MTD layout is here:  http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/hootoo/tripmate-nano

The OpenWRT layout is not complete but what's there does work to reload firmware.

I can not mount my sandisk usb 3.0 128gb thumb drive.  However I can mount smaller drives but this 128gb will not mount for some reason.

I've formatted mbr, gpt, ntfs, ext4.  But I don't think that's the issue.
Any ideas?

[    3.840000] init: Console is alive
[    3.840000] init: - watchdog -
[    6.850000] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
[    6.860000] usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
[    6.870000] usbcore: registered new device driver usb
[    6.890000] rt2880-pinmux pinctrl: request pin 10 (io10) for pio:10
[    6.890000] rt2880-pinmux pinctrl: request pin 14 (io14) for pio:14
[    6.890000] ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver
[    6.910000] ehci-platform: EHCI generic platform driver
[    7.120000] phy phy-usbphy.0: remote usb device wakeup disabled
[    7.130000] phy phy-usbphy.0: UTMI 16bit 30MHz
[    7.140000] ehci-platform 101c0000.ehci: EHCI Host Controller
[    7.150000] ehci-platform 101c0000.ehci: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
[    7.170000] ehci-platform 101c0000.ehci: irq 26, io mem 0x101c0000
[    7.200000] ehci-platform 101c0000.ehci: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00
[    7.210000] usb usb1: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[    7.210000] hub 1-0:1.0: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[    7.210000] hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    7.220000] hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected
[    7.230000] ohci_hcd: USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver
[    7.250000] ohci-platform: OHCI generic platform driver
[    7.260000] ohci-platform 101c1000.ohci: Generic Platform OHCI controller
[    7.270000] ohci-platform 101c1000.ohci: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
[    7.290000] ohci-platform 101c1000.ohci: irq 26, io mem 0x101c1000
[    7.360000] usb usb2: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[    7.360000] hub 2-0:1.0: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[    7.360000] hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    7.370000] hub 2-0:1.0: 1 port detected
[    7.380000] rt2880-pinmux pinctrl: request pin 7 (io7) for pio:7
[    7.380000] rt2880-pinmux pinctrl: request pin 12 (io12) for pio:12
[    7.550000] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-platform
[    7.710000] usb 1-1: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[    7.910000] init: - preinit -
[    9.230000] rt305x-esw 10110000.esw: link changed 0x00
[    9.320000] random: procd urandom read with 14 bits of entropy available
[   10.860000] rt305x-esw 10110000.esw: link changed 0x10
[   13.160000] jffs2: notice: (317) jffs2_build_xattr_subsystem: complete building xattr subsystem, 0 of xdatum (0 unchecked, 0 orphan) and 0 of xref (0 dead, 0 orphan) found.
[   13.240000] mount_root: loading kmods from internal overlay
[   16.670000] SCSI subsystem initialized
[   16.700000] usb-storage 1-1:1.0: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[   16.700000] usb-storage 1-1:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[   16.710000] scsi host0: usb-storage 1-1:1.0
[   16.720000] usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
[   17.720000] scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access     SanDisk  Ultra Fit        1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6
[   17.740000] sd 0:0:0:0: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[   17.760000] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 242614272 512-byte logical blocks: (124 GB/115 GiB)
[   17.790000] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
[   17.800000] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 43 00 00 00
[   17.800000] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: disabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
[   17.880000]  sda: sda1
[   17.920000] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk
[   17.960000] block: attempting to load /tmp/jffs_cfg/upper/etc/config/fstab
[   17.980000] block: unable to load configuration (fstab: Entry not found)
[   17.990000] block: attempting to load /tmp/jffs_cfg/etc/config/fstab
[   18.000000] block: unable to load configuration (fstab: Entry not found)
[   18.020000] block: attempting to load /etc/config/fstab
[   18.030000] block: unable to load configuration (fstab: Entry not found)
[   18.040000] block: no usable configuration
[   18.050000] mount_root: switching to jffs2 overlay
[   18.120000] procd: - early -
[   18.130000] procd: - watchdog -
[   19.270000] procd: - ubus -
[   20.300000] procd: - init -
[   21.770000] NET: Registered protocol family 10
[   21.800000] ntfs: driver 2.1.31 [Flags: R/O MODULE].
[   21.820000] ip6_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
[   21.870000] Loading modules backported from Linux version master-2015-03-09-0-g141f155
[   21.880000] Backport generated by backports.git backports-20150129-0-gdd4a670
[   21.900000] ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
[   21.930000] nf_conntrack version 0.5.0 (456 buckets, 1824 max)
[   21.980000] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-alauda
[   22.000000] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-cypress
[   22.010000] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-datafab
[   22.030000] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-freecom
[   22.040000] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-isd200
[   22.060000] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-jumpshot
[   22.070000] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-karma
[   22.090000] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-sddr09
[   22.110000] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-sddr55
[   22.120000] usbcore: registered new interface driver ums-usbat
[   22.170000] xt_time: kernel timezone is -0000
[   22.220000] cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain
[   22.250000] cfg80211: World regulatory domain updated:
[   22.260000] cfg80211:  DFS Master region: unset
[   22.270000] cfg80211:   (start_freq - end_freq @ bandwidth), (max_antenna_gain, max_eirp), (dfs_cac_time)
[   22.290000] cfg80211:   (2402000 KHz - 2472000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   22.300000] cfg80211:   (2457000 KHz - 2482000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   22.320000] cfg80211:   (2474000 KHz - 2494000 KHz @ 20000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   22.330000] cfg80211:   (5170000 KHz - 5250000 KHz @ 80000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   22.350000] cfg80211:   (5250000 KHz - 5330000 KHz @ 80000 KHz, 160000 KHz AUTO), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (0 s)
[   22.370000] cfg80211:   (5490000 KHz - 5730000 KHz @ 160000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (0 s)
[   22.380000] cfg80211:   (5735000 KHz - 5835000 KHz @ 80000 KHz), (N/A, 2000 mBm), (N/A)
[   22.400000] cfg80211:   (57240000 KHz - 63720000 KHz @ 2160000 KHz), (N/A, 0 mBm), (N/A)
[   22.520000] PPP generic driver version 2.4.2
[   22.540000] NET: Registered protocol family 24
[   22.600000] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00_set_rt: Info - RT chipset 5350, rev 0500 detected
[   22.620000] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00_set_rf: Info - RF chipset 5350 detected
[   22.630000] ieee80211 phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'minstrel_ht'
[   27.650000] rt305x-esw 10110000.esw: link changed 0x00
[   29.280000] rt305x-esw 10110000.esw: link changed 0x10
[   34.980000] device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
[   35.010000] br-lan: port 1(eth0) entered forwarding state
[   35.020000] br-lan: port 1(eth0) entered forwarding state
[   37.020000] br-lan: port 1(eth0) entered forwarding state
[   37.150000] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
[   40.300000] wlan0: authenticate with fc:db:b3:de:f0:51
[   40.340000] wlan0: send auth to fc:db:b3:de:f0:51 (try 1/3)
[   40.350000] wlan0: authenticated
[   40.370000] wlan0: associate with fc:db:b3:de:f0:51 (try 1/3)
[   40.380000] wlan0: RX AssocResp from fc:db:b3:de:f0:51 (capab=0x401 status=0 aid=1)
[   40.400000] wlan0: associated
[   40.400000] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready
[   40.420000] wlan0: Limiting TX power to 30 (30 - 0) dBm as advertised by fc:db:b3:de:f0:51
[   54.080000] random: nonblocking pool is initialized
[  554.310000] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 2
[  561.280000] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci-platform
[  561.450000] usb 1-1: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[  561.450000] usb-storage 1-1:1.0: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[  561.450000] usb-storage 1-1:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[  561.480000] scsi host1: usb-storage 1-1:1.0
[  562.490000] scsi 1:0:0:0: Direct-Access     Kingston DataTraveler G3  1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
[  562.500000] sd 1:0:0:0: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[  562.510000] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] 3913664 512-byte logical blocks: (2.00 GB/1.86 GiB)
[  562.530000] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
[  562.540000] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 0b 00 00 08
[  562.540000] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] No Caching mode page found
[  562.550000] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through
[  562.570000]  sda: sda1
[  562.600000] sd 1:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk
[  668.650000] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 3
[  674.020000] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 4 using ehci-platform
[  674.180000] usb 1-1: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[  674.180000] usb-storage 1-1:1.0: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[  674.180000] usb-storage 1-1:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[  674.210000] scsi host2: usb-storage 1-1:1.0
[  675.220000] scsi 2:0:0:0: Direct-Access     SanDisk  Ultra Fit        1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6
[  675.230000] sd 2:0:0:0: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[  675.240000] sd 2:0:0:0: [sda] 242614272 512-byte logical blocks: (124 GB/115 GiB)
[  675.260000] sd 2:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
[  675.270000] sd 2:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 43 00 00 00
[  675.270000] sd 2:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: disabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
[  675.310000]  sda: sda1
[  675.340000] sd 2:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk
[  825.300000] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 4
[  923.050000] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 5 using ehci-platform
[  923.210000] usb 1-1: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[  923.210000] usb-storage 1-1:1.0: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[  923.210000] usb-storage 1-1:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[  923.240000] scsi host3: usb-storage 1-1:1.0
[  924.240000] scsi 3:0:0:0: Direct-Access     SanDisk  Ultra Fit        1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6
[  924.250000] sd 3:0:0:0: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[  924.260000] sd 3:0:0:0: [sda] 242614272 512-byte logical blocks: (124 GB/115 GiB)
[  924.280000] sd 3:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
[  924.290000] sd 3:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 43 00 00 00
[  924.290000] sd 3:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: disabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
[  924.330000]  sda: sda1
[  924.370000] sd 3:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk
[ 1089.210000] wlan0: Limiting TX power to 30 (30 - 0) dBm as advertised by fc:db:b3:de:f0:51
[ 1094.350000] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 5
[ 1142.150000] wlan0: Limiting TX power to 30 (30 - 0) dBm as advertised by fc:db:b3:de:f0:51
[ 1190.060000] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 6 using ehci-platform
[ 1190.220000] usb 1-1: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[ 1190.220000] usb-storage 1-1:1.0: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[ 1190.220000] usb-storage 1-1:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[ 1190.250000] scsi host4: usb-storage 1-1:1.0
[ 1191.250000] scsi 4:0:0:0: Direct-Access     SanDisk  Ultra Fit        1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6
[ 1191.260000] sd 4:0:0:0: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[ 1191.270000] sd 4:0:0:0: [sda] 242614272 512-byte logical blocks: (124 GB/115 GiB)
[ 1191.290000] sd 4:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
[ 1191.300000] sd 4:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 43 00 00 00
[ 1191.300000] sd 4:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: disabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
[ 1191.340000]  sda: sda1
[ 1191.370000] sd 4:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk
[ 1651.560000] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 6
[ 1660.460000] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 7 using ehci-platform
[ 1660.620000] usb 1-1: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[ 1660.620000] usb-storage 1-1:1.0: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[ 1660.620000] usb-storage 1-1:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[ 1660.650000] scsi host5: usb-storage 1-1:1.0
[ 1661.650000] scsi 5:0:0:0: Direct-Access     SanDisk  Ultra Fit        1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6
[ 1661.660000] sd 5:0:0:0: no of_node; not parsing pinctrl DT
[ 1661.670000] sd 5:0:0:0: [sda] 242614272 512-byte logical blocks: (124 GB/115 GiB)
[ 1661.690000] sd 5:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
[ 1661.700000] sd 5:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 43 00 00 00
[ 1661.700000] sd 5:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: disabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
[ 1661.740000]  sda: sda1
[ 1661.770000] sd 5:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk
root@OpenWrt:/#
liladude wrote:

Let me know if it works for you.

Lila and MmmDonuts:
I used this software to join the files mentioned...
http://www.igorware.com/file-joiner

"Kernel_RootFS" + "Rootfs"

That made a file 1.65M which I suspect is too large for the TM02. Anyway, followed instructions and got this for both 1 and 2 selections from the UBoot. The good thing is it still runs the UBoot. smile

You choosed 1

raspi_read: from 40028 len:6                                                  0

1: System Load Linux to SDRAM via TFTP.
Please Input new ones /or Ctrl-C to discard
             Input device IP (10.10.10.123) ==:10.10.10.123

(Last edited by HooTooBeatMe on 14 Oct 2015, 02:17)

I've shared these files with other members who have used them to reflash their bricked routers.  The link gets you both HooToo and OpenWRT images.  There is a readme.txt in each set with some info about the contents.  The files you need are *firmware.bin from either set depending on which you want to run. Review the contents of the readme.txt files and the MTD partition details at the hardware wiki page for the Tripmate (link is in earlier post) and it will make sense.

The firmware partitions are over 7MB in size.  Since you have a functioning u-boot you can use the tftp method described and used by others in this thread.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bziyy … WlaSGNHanM

Good luck!

(Last edited by mmmdonuts on 14 Oct 2015, 03:01)