OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Optimized and feature rich trunk build for select routers

The content of this topic has been archived between 20 Aug 2014 and 5 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

@roswitina

You seem to be on the wrong forum smile 30/30/30 does nothing on OpenWrt, and from what I remember from DD-WRT it doesn't actually do anything there either. Proper restore procedure on the WNDR3700 is TFTP.

@erikoo

I rebuilt r46773, please try again smile

@Panderine

Have no idea.

@keltor

Good to hear. Anything in the logs about dropbear? It was recently upgraded in trunk from 2015.67 to 2015.68, maybe it introduced some new bug. No issues here though on r46773.

(Last edited by arokh on 4 Sep 2015, 11:54)

@Arokh, thanks anyway!. I'll try to figure it out. thanks for your help!

I do have an issue related to your build, i really don't know when it started since I was using a previous build (maybe a couple of months old) and started happening in the last 5 or 6 builds. My wan (pppoe) interface just stops working (no packages send/receive) but the uptime counter keeps running. Of course I have no internet inside lan after that. Disabling and enabling again the interface doesn't fix it, only router reboot is able to get connection back. Happened with a fresh flashed too.

How can I help you to debug this? Anybody else experiencing something like this?

Thanks!

How is that related to my mods?

arokh wrote:

How is that related to my mods?

Don't know if its your mods, but your build for sure since I'm using them tongue, thats why I'm trying to figure it out how to troubleshoot it. Might be related to the mwan3 include or something like that since that was the major change since that started to happen. Previous build where fine. I've always used your great builds wink

I'd start by verifying that this doesn't happen on a regular snapshot build, or even an earlier build of mine. mwan3 is simply an additional package, it's also disabled by default. In any case, I don't have PPPoE so you'll have to provide me with a fix if you want it fixed.

(Last edited by arokh on 4 Sep 2015, 15:08)

Hi,

Maybe you'll think it's a silly request but do you mind adding shairport-sync to your build? It will also need kmod-usb-audio and kmod-sound-core too.

5Ghz WiFi is currently broken on Chaos Calmer rc3 (Archer C7) but it seems to work fine with your build smile

In any case, you're doing a really good job!

(Last edited by plop on 4 Sep 2015, 16:43)

arokh wrote:

I'd start by verifying that this doesn't happen on a regular snapshot build, or even an earlier build of mine. mwan3 is simply an additional package, it's also disabled by default. In any case, I don't have PPPoE so you'll have to provide me with a fix if you want it fixed.

I have a PPPoE connection. No issues at all with any of your builds, now running on latest r46773

I just built for my dgl 5500 and when it rebooted the light is orange and didn't blink to solid yellow

I got into recovery mode and reflashed.. not sure what happened

What info do you need to see what happened?

(Last edited by ngraap on 6 Sep 2015, 08:41)

You need to connect to serial and get the console output.

You need to connect serial and check the console output.

Can't set 160MHz in 5GHz channel on Archer C7 v2.
Version:OpenWrt Chaos Calmer r46773 / LuCI Branch (git-15.245.45656-f0083ab)
The log shows
Sun Sep  6 11:41:20 2015 kern.warn kernel: [53573.229934] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: no channel configured; ignoring frame(s)!

160 is not working in trunk snapshots either AFAIK, 80 is way to go.

@arokh

Confirmed, r46773 flashed ok on my wndr3700v2

@plop

Although I'm sure there are cases where connecting a USB soundcard and getting Airplay through your router is useful, I don't think that's a common case and worthwile including in the default package set. shairport-sync depends on libavahi-client, alsa-lib, libdaemon, and more which would increase the size of the image. I do build the kernel modules you mentioned, so you can easily install everything you need.

@erikoo

Nice, thanks for confirming smile

I am a long time user of your build for Netgear WNDR3700v1. It works great.
Do you have any plans to make your build available for TP-Link WDR3600/4300. I guess I can't use your 4900 build as it is larger than 8MB...

Build r46773 on Netgear WNDR4300 only the LAN port is flashing. No power button is showing. WAN port light powered off. It would constantly reboot without any progress. Had to TFTP back to stock.

@brycef

I've removed it, new build is on the way.

@bole5

Sorry, my build has grown past 8MB. You could download the source tarball and build it yourself by disabling some packages, or starting with the config from the wndr3700 builds.

brycef wrote:

Build r46773 on Netgear WNDR4300 only the LAN port is flashing. No power button is showing. WAN port light powered off. It would constantly reboot without any progress. Had to TFTP back to stock.

I'm on r46773 myself on the same router without this issues. What I did was:

1. Ssh to the router.
2.wget http://enduser.subsignal.org/~trondah/w … pgrade.tar
(be advised that this build is not available anymore so replace r46773 with newer one)
3. sysupgrade -n openwrt-ar71xx-nand-wndr4300-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar

I used to flash it from Luci but then I realized that the settings where not being cleaned even if I set the "keep settings" flag of. Doing it this way removes everything and starts fresh.

@arokh,

Would you be so kind to add kmod-ath9k-htc package? Thanks in advance!!

(Last edited by Panderine on 8 Sep 2015, 02:58)

Hi all
Anyone tried to build and run this firmware on TPLink WDR3600?
Bye

@Panderine

It must be a bug with upgrading from BB to CC. Instead of upgrading, this time I simply flashed build r46803 directly to my router and everything works like a charm.

brycef wrote:

@Panderine

It must be a bug with upgrading from BB to CC. Instead of upgrading, this time I simply flashed build r46803 directly to my router and everything works like a charm.

Did you flash it using tftp2 and factory img?

(Last edited by Panderine on 8 Sep 2015, 18:56)

@arokh,

was able to upgrade my WNDR4300 to r46796 based on your patches for r46768 (only addition in my build is inclusion of samba server).

i cannot use unfs3 to expose my usb drive to xbox for media sharing. am forced to use samba sad

Thanks a ton as always, keep up the good work!

coxmobil wrote:
arokh wrote:

I have a PPPoE connection. No issues at all with any of your builds, now running on latest r46773

When the problem happens I get this in the kernel log:

[   41.423804] br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entered forwarding state
[  503.393641] pppoe-wan: renamed from ppp0

First line is what I get after booting up router. In this case after a couple of minutes I got the disconnection I was referring to, pppoe-wan interface "keeps going" like if it was on and ok, but no packets go through. Disabling and enabling the interface makes no change, only rebooting the router.  The router was just flashed with latest rev. 

Only thing I can think of is that I disable ipv6 builting management on the wan (pppoe) interface, maybe that creates some issue with the daemon ... i don't know. I'm testing with ipv6 ON now to see if this keeps happening.

Thanks all for the support!

@Panderine

Added in latest release (still building).

@rsiram22

I've added samba as well smile

arokh wrote:

@Panderine

Added in latest release (still building).

Great as always! thanks!

Sorry, posts 2401 to 2400 are missing from our archive.