OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Optimized and feature rich trunk build for select routers

The content of this topic has been archived between 20 Aug 2014 and 5 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Sorry, posts 1551 to 1551 are missing from our archive.

Hi !, Is it possible to include no-ip.com as a DDNS provider (is not there). Also I'm using it with the custom url (http://[USERNAME]:[PASSWORD]@dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update?hostname=[DOMAIN]&myip=[IP]) to make it work. Is it posible to use the secure url?

https://dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update

base64-encoded-auth-string should be the base64 encoding of username:password. Un-encoded strings are accepted as well.

johan81 wrote:

Enabled add blocking, worked perfectly fine, but I still have blocked pages when I search for plane tickers in google and go to the advertised links while I want to see them because those are actually the ones I would like to see wink

If you are referring to advertised links within Google search not working when you click on them, you need to specifically remove google-analytics.com and googleadservices.com from the list of blocked domains, restart DNSmasq, and may need to clear your browser cache and flush DNS within OS. Blocking those two domains cause problems with other sites as well.

johan81 wrote:

Did a clean flash, but get an fstab error when trying to access the mount points tab and when using Winscp the folder /mnt is emtpy.

EDIT:
When removing exit 0 from the fstab file, it works again.

Same behavior here and same solution big_smile. Did you manage to get usb disk to mount and samba to share it ? I cannot do it :S. Also I cannot find ntfs-3g package since I need RW access to it.

Can it be that the NTP-client deselects itself on exit ?

WildByDesign wrote:
johan81 wrote:

Enabled add blocking, worked perfectly fine, but I still have blocked pages when I search for plane tickers in google and go to the advertised links while I want to see them because those are actually the ones I would like to see wink

If you are referring to advertised links within Google search not working when you click on them, you need to specifically remove google-analytics.com and googleadservices.com from the list of blocked domains, restart DNSmasq, and may need to clear your browser cache and flush DNS within OS. Blocking those two domains cause problems with other sites as well.

Thanks for this, this solved it, now I will go and see how life without AdBlock will treat me (should be way quicker)!

Panderine wrote:
johan81 wrote:

Did a clean flash, but get an fstab error when trying to access the mount points tab and when using Winscp the folder /mnt is emtpy.

EDIT:
When removing exit 0 from the fstab file, it works again.

Same behavior here and same solution big_smile. Did you manage to get usb disk to mount and samba to share it ? I cannot do it :S. Also I cannot find ntfs-3g package since I need RW access to it.

As I said, works great now, just remove the exit 0 line, restart the router and here Samba works great (RW) after installing Samba, I never installed ntfs-3g as I have my drive formatted as ext4. After updating the software list, I do see the package in software and then the available tab.

(Last edited by johan81 on 12 Mar 2015, 09:16)

Where is this "exit 0" you are talking about?

@Panderine

I'm using no-ip.com myself it's working great, please read the ddns-scripts wiki entry.

(Last edited by arokh on 12 Mar 2015, 09:37)

arokh wrote:

@Panderine

I'm using no-ip.com myself it's working great, please read the ddns-scripts wiki entry.

It is located in the fstab file after a clean flash /etc/config/fstab on my WDR4900 with the latest FW

Hello.

I'm new user of Archer C5 router.
I want to upload this firmware to my router but i have some questions.
- Can I install pyload module?
- Can i share and download directly to a HDD format in NTFS
- This HDD can be automounted?

Thanks!

@atomizasser

It's OpenWrt, so yes.

@johan81

Got it, thx smile Looks like I missed that line when I made the default config.

arokh wrote:

@atomizasser

It's OpenWrt, so yes.

@johan81

Got it, thx smile Looks like I missed that line when I made the default config.

Thanks, but i mean with this Omptimized firmware if i can do all the things that i wrote before out-of-box with this firmware?

I have other question:
Which firmware i have to flash from your archer cX folder?

http://enduser.subsignal.org/~trondah/archer_cx/r44651/

(Last edited by atomizasser on 12 Mar 2015, 11:02)

Yes, hard drive should be auto mounted out of the box. Linux kernel does not support NTFS write, so it will be read-only. You could install FUSE but performance will not be very good. I recommend using EXT3/4.

You'll want the factory image if you flash from OEM.

Been re-thinking this whole top domain ad blocking idea, and it just isn't feasible. Lots of sites host their own ads, let's say for example  ads.foo.com, so blocking the top domain would render the whole site unusable. I'll be going back to the big hostlist approach, might look into which of the lists are properly maintained to avoid problems with known services.

Maybe you could make a button to enable or disable the feature ?

No.

arokh wrote:

@Panderine

Arokh, thanks for your reply. Yes I'm using no-ip.com as well ! But there is no defined provider for it on lucy (there is one for no-ip.pl which is a different provider smile. As explained in the wiki I used the custom URL "http://[USERNAME]:[PASSWORD]@dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update?hostname=[DOMAIN]&myip=[IP]" and it's working fine. My question was if it's possible to add the SECURE (https) update procedure (user data must be crypted with base64 enconde in the POST content of the request and bla bla bla.). Is anything like that possible with current build and/or packages?

Thanks!

Sorry my bad, guess the wiki is not updated. ddns-scripts does have support for it, just use "noip.com" as service name no need for custom url. Have no idea about the method used, look at the source or ask the maintainer smile

I got a question, I am not using OpenVPN and earlier in this topic someone deleted the interfaces.

arokh you said to disable it in /etc/config/openvpn

Can i do that by changing: option enabled 1 --> option enabled 0   ???

Thanks in advance.

arokh wrote:

Sorry my bad, guess the wiki is not updated. ddns-scripts does have support for it, just use "noip.com" as service name no need for custom url. Have no idea about the method used, look at the source or ask the maintainer smile

It's not there tongue (or I'm blind). Doesn't matter will ask the maintainer. Anyway ... is there a list of included packages in your build?. I'm very new to openwrt architecture so if I got it right, if I wan't to upgrade one of the included packages I will still be having the old version but will be "overwritten" from the overlay fs (hence using doble the space). The only way of having only the last packages is rebuilding the image. Is this correct?

(Last edited by Panderine on 12 Mar 2015, 18:48)

@arokh.

Hi, yesterday i installed your optimized software on TP-Link Archer C5. I installed the factory firmware because was the first firmware.
Well. After installation i can only activated 2.4Ghz wifi. I've tried to change country region to Spain i change channel to 36-38-40, but i never saw the 5Ghz wifi. However, with trunk build we also have problems. The best option was install mk13139 build. With this firmware, after the installation both wifi were running perfectly.

i don't know if anyone else has the same problem.

arokh wrote:

@bladeoner

Wouldn't it be faster to just try it? smile

@atomizasser

I don't know, maybe same issue as this? https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=268145#p268145

Thanks i will try. For change to custom build to another build is only necessary to install sysupragde.bin?

thanks again.

Do not keep settings, as mentioned on the first page.

Only http://192.168.3.254/test.gif and http://192.168.1.1:81/test.gif work, but http://ad-x.com/test.gif doesn't work. Did you change anything in that respect? Some sites load the grumpy Chrome face in places where ads normally would appear and load slow, after disabling adblocking everything goes fast again.

EDIT:
Hmmmm, I have tested it some more, but after a router reboot the slow loading sites now load quickly again (tested it before, but forgot to reboot my PC, oops!) and I see that the adx.com isn't added in the hosts.block file, so that site won't work obviously and trying a different site with test.gif added does work. So, it seems to be a problem that starts happening after a while.

(Last edited by johan81 on 13 Mar 2015, 16:58)

I built and installed the march 5 version of this build but there's an issue with sqm-scripts. With sqm-scripts you set your connection's upload and download speeds. There's an issue though. I have a 60000 dl and 30000 ul connection, and sqm-scripts always caps my download speed at the lower of the two values -- my upload in this case. I reversed the upload and download speeds, and the issue still persists. The config file is written properly from the GUI so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Sorry, posts 1576 to 1575 are missing from our archive.