OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WA901ND v3

The content of this topic has been archived between 2 Sep 2014 and 5 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

robcarleton81 wrote:

Greetings to all, I'm hoping for assistance as my WA901ND is something of a soft brick at the moment.

Not sure what happened but the router crapped out on me and I could no longer access Luci. No problems, I'll just telnet in on 192.168.1.1, use the failsafe and reset it. This seemed to work ok and the router looked like it was rebooting but for the life of me I can no longer access 192.168.1.1 or see Luci anymore. I set my adapter back to DHCP but no go on accessing the interface.

Any idea on what my current status is? Upon further reading it seems like I may need to use TFTP to revive it but would that be the correct action to take?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I had similar problem, what worked for me is that i used WinSCP (google/download/install)

and logged to router with it, prior to that you have to set new password by telnet using the "passwd" command

after that the steps are

1. Connect with WinSCP to router (SCP protocol, 192.168.1.1 username: root, pswrd: the one you have set)
2. Copy the openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa901nd-v3-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin (rename it makes thing easier) to /tmp folder on router (tmp folder is located in root, the folder that opens when you log in to the router)
3. Run the console option in WinSCP and input:

sysupgrade -v /tmp/xxx.bin

after that the router should update it self and you should have access over browser.... well that worked for me i hope it will work for you to... best regards!!!

PS: This should work all so if you flashed the non LuCi version to your router/AP

(Last edited by fallensingularity on 18 Jul 2014, 10:36)

fallensingularity wrote:
robcarleton81 wrote:

Greetings to all, I'm hoping for assistance as my WA901ND is something of a soft brick at the moment.

Not sure what happened but the router crapped out on me and I could no longer access Luci. No problems, I'll just telnet in on 192.168.1.1, use the failsafe and reset it. This seemed to work ok and the router looked like it was rebooting but for the life of me I can no longer access 192.168.1.1 or see Luci anymore. I set my adapter back to DHCP but no go on accessing the interface.

Any idea on what my current status is? Upon further reading it seems like I may need to use TFTP to revive it but would that be the correct action to take?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I had similar problem, what worked for me is that i used WinSCP (google/download/install)

and logged to router with it, prior to that you have to set new password by telnet using the "passwd" command

after that the steps are

1. Connect with WinSCP to router (SCP protocol, 192.168.1.1 username: root, pswrd: the one you have set)
2. Copy the openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa901nd-v3-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin (rename it makes thing easier) to /tmp folder on router (tmp folder is located in root, the folder that opens when you log in to the router)
3. Run the console option in WinSCP and input:

sysupgrade -v /tmp/xxx.bin

after that the router should update it self and you should have access over browser.... well that worked for me i hope it will work for you to... best regards!!!

PS: This should work all so if you flashed the non LuCi version to your router/AP

Thank you for that, your method absolutely did the trick and now I have my router back!

n.pajkovsky wrote:
hypervlad wrote:
n.pajkovsky wrote:

Thank you. Working except uhttpd init script. I have to run uhttpd -p 80 -h /www -f to get http. Running /etc/init.d/uhttpd start do nothing wink.

Thanks for your feedback, I've included the default config file and now it's Ok.

You're welcome. It's done wink. I updated links in the previous post.

See you soon.

hmm, fetched, hopefully updated binary (sysupgrade) and nothing new for me wink

MD5 (openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa901nd-v3-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin) = 30ee5da27d94bc2fb2bfd5ffd69a253a

Can you please confirm, that I have same md5 hash?

I confirm

8bcc8cde6265cd73c76a8ba2e96a6124  openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa901nd-v3-squashfs-factory.bin
30ee5da27d94bc2fb2bfd5ffd69a253a  openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa901nd-v3-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

hy  hypervlad!!

i also made steps like Fallensingularity recomended and it didn`t work but then i downloaded file from 3rd page od this discussion
http://ooxion.com/openwrt/wax50re/openw … pgrade.bin

and voila, it worked! try it

thanks to Fallensingularity and FriedZombie big_smile

(Last edited by andrej.solic on 6 Aug 2014, 17:19)

robcarleton81 wrote:

Thank you for that, your method absolutely did the trick and now I have my router back!

I'm glad you got you'r router back it's a great peace of hardware, but sucks with stock firmware, OpenWrt shows it in totally diffrent light smile And also big thx to all the guys that posted in this topic!!! Thx guys the OpenWrt community is great and live one!!! Thx all!!!!

(Last edited by fallensingularity on 8 Aug 2014, 09:24)

Jmeier wrote:

Up and running 100%

Thank you!

Jmeier. Could you help me configure it on Luci? I am having hell of a trouble trying to make this work, nor as a Ap, nor as a Repeater.

I have a wa901nd ver. 3.0 and I want to confirm that the file which can be found at the bottom of the wiki page is working fine on v.3.0.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyjxbohh85na0 … -12.09.bin

So again, it is working fine on wa901nd V.3.0.

Thanks!

Dchard

Hi! Does someone know if the WA901 has the space to run any kind of VPN client on it? I would like to use vpnc but cant find the package for it.

or can I compile it? any hints on how to do that?

cheers!

Hello,

I just flash successfully OpenWrt BarrierBreaker 14.07-rc3 from upstream to WA901ND V3 router.
Works fine here.

Have a nice day,

I will answer my own question. How to build an own Firmware from trunk and how to compile old packages for that firmware can now be read here: http://elkin.de/tl-wa901nd-vpnc-fritzbox/

I have uploaded the firmware I build and also the packages if needed.

so i get it, now i have installed an other (the right!!) fw.

now i got a new problem, enable the wifi and configure it, was very simple but now i want to set the 901nd v3 in repeater mode. can someone tell me who this is possible?

OpenWrt | OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09 | Load: 0.09 0.12 0.06

thanks chris

i bricked my AP after while i was flashing openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa901nd-v3-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin the power cut off and now i don't know what to do
any help please ?

any help please... i managed to boot into fail-safe but tftp wouldn't recognize the AP

is there anyway to fix my problem with telnet ?

I love this thing.

After opening the box from Amazon, I flashed the latest manufacturer's firmware, followed by the image provided by hypervlad in
this post.   For a tiny (and cheap) device, it's working beautifully as a wireless bridge and router for my LAN.

Special thanks to hypervlad for the build!

My Wa901ND v3.1 is broken after installing openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa901nd-v3-squashfs-factory.bin over the webinterface. There is no LAN connection.

you mean it says "cable disconnected" on your pc NIC? do you get an ip with dhcp?

yes, the PC say "cable disconnected". But i found out, that if i boot the WA901ND without LAN-cable and attach it later, the LAN interface is going online and i can connect on ip 192.168.1.1 to the failsafe mode.
But how to get it in a state booting with DHCP? Otherwise i need the commands to set dns and routing.

Is it possible, to set the default route and DNS Server address in safemode via telnet command?

I also have a similar problem.

My Wa901ND v3 is broken after installing openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa901nd-v3-squashfs-factory.bin.
There is no LAN connection.

The image make it the ImageBuilder (trunk r43347).

Troubleshooting that was performed on the hardware serial ports and to the following conclusions:

If I pull the Ethernet cable from the AP (PC<->WA901) before turning on and  the WA901 after the boot
log say "procd - init complete -" after you plug the Ethernet cable then its work

BUT

If it booting is plugged into the Ethernet port, the "procd - init complete -" after the pc says:
Cabel unplugged

thx

Does this issue still persist in the latest snapshot?

How to install the latest snapshot if only the safemode is working? I have no internet access with the WA901ND, there is not gateway setting.

sebr wrote:

Does this issue still persist in the latest snapshot?

Yes,  https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/

openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa901nd-v3-squashfs-s..>   30-Nov-2014 15:16             3145732
the origin

and

OpenWrt-ImageBuilder-ar71xx_generic-for-linux-x..>     30-Nov-2014 15:30           280201761

with build..

how can I using the r39180 snapshot, this it's working good.

Sorry, posts 126 to 125 are missing from our archive.