Topic: IPv6 oriented Openwrt build for WNDR3700/WNDR3800
I have built a rather minimalistic IPv6 oriented build for WNDR3700/WNDR3800 focusing just on the features I need. This is pretty much the basic IPv6 enabled router setup matching the WNDR3700 hardware without additional fancy stuff.
WNDR3700 firmware downloads are in Dropbox.
Download site: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t52c02rm20y8x9p/khFGAJu3gc
Short link: http://db.tt/4FM5if8e
Currently I build the bleeding edge Trunk "Chaos Calmer" and the stable "Barrier Breaker" version.
- Trunk / Chaos Calmer: r44581
- Barrier Breaker 14.07: r44553 (opkg downloads from BB14.07 release directory)
Documentation for the ipv6 configuration can be found at http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network6
Luci GUI contains my own patches for showing the WPS button setting and informing about the reset functionality.
Full configuration and source code diffs included, in case somebody wants to utilize info in own builds.
(I only upload the versions to the FTP server after flashing my own router, so the build has at least that much quality assurance process.)
- USB storage automounting
- Support for various file systems to enable most drives. (ext2/3/4, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, CIFS/SMB)
- WiFi button works to toggle Wifi on or off (/etc/hotplug.d/button/10-radio-toggle)
- WPS button works to enable automatic Wifi-authentication with WPS-enabled devices (/etc/hotplug.d/button/50-wps) /etc/config/wireless wps_pushbutton setting controllable from Luci
- Reset button works
- IPv6: tunnel support for 6in4, 6to4, 6rd and Aiccu included in the build.
- Version information: Luci interface shows the correct build SVN revision as "OpenWrt Barrier Breaker r36500".
- QoS for traffic control Both qos-scripts and the alternative sqm-scripts packages are included, but initially disabled, as max speed needs to be set according to WAN connection speed
- DynDNS support, also in LuCI
- VSFTPD FTP server package (access initially disabled by "local_enable=NO" in vsftpd.conf)
- Wake-on-LAN (WOL) LuCI module
- Nano text editor
- Support for EFI/GUID partitions
- SSL support for LuCI
- ccrypt package included for file encryption
- r31244: added support to Dnsmasq for host-specific lease times for static dhcp leases
- r33212: usb-modeswitch added for 3G modems
- r34245: lzma compression dictionary size decreased to keep the image bootable
- r34423: kmod-fs-cifs included
- r35964: added script helping to reinstall add-on packages after sysupgrade.
- r36246: TLS/SSL support added for VSFTPD
- r36377: kmod-ipt-nathelper-rtsp included
- r36467: iptables-mod-ipsec (and kmod-ipt-ipsec) included
- r38237: trunk gcc compiler options reverted to improved defaults (34kc instead of generic mips32r2)
- r39183 trunk: WPS pin code set to the original value given by Netgear in the label at the router's bottom
- r39350: GNU wget and hfsplus file system support added
- r40300: reverted back to use log_size options, as it has support is luci and the new logd now supports it
- r41191 trunk: build with the new packages/oldpackages split, revert to default git feeds (instead of svn)
- r41800: luci-app-diag-devinfo has been removed (also its dependencies)
- r41888: Barrier Breaker separated from trunk (which is now Chaos Calmer)
- r42043: conform to new snapshot download directory structure in trunk
- r42420: wps hotplug script modified to match currently needed hostapd_cli options
- r42673: miniupnpd settings: leave upnp off by default in /etc/config/upnp
- r42769: experimental SQM (Smart Queue Management) QoS system from Cerowrt
- r43205: IETF BCP38 functionality added (tab in Firewall config in Luci)
- r44581: trunk collectd 5.4.2 (Luci statistics)
Note: As I build with standard kernel options, the Barrier Breaker 14.07 and trunk snapshot modules should be compatible with my builds, in case somebody wishes to add modules to my build.
---- Instructions for re-creating my build environment are in the next message ----