Topic: IPv6 oriented Openwrt build for WNDR3700/WNDR3800
I have built a rather minimalistic IPv6 oriented build for WNDR3700/WNDR3800 focusing just on the features I need. This is pretty much the basic IPv6 enabled router setup matching the WNDR3700 hardware without additional fancy stuff.
I have moved the WNDR3700 firmware downloads to Dropbox.
Download site: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t52c02rm20y8x9p/khFGAJu3gc
Short link: http://db.tt/4FM5if8e
Currently I am building both the stable Attitude Adjustment 12.09 version and the bleeding edge Trunk "Barrier Breaker" version. Development for Backfire 10.03 has stopped, so I am not building it any more.
- Attitude Adjustment 12.09 r40423 (with new ipv6 support modules since 36750)
- Trunk / Barrier Breaker r40567
Documentation for the current ipv6 configuration can be found at http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network6
Luci GUI contains my own patches for showing the WPS button setting and informing about the reset functionality.
Full configuration and source code diffs included, in case somebody wants to utilize info in own builds.
(I only upload the versions to the FTP server after flashing my own router, so the build has at least that much quality assurance process.)
- USB storage automounting
- Support for various file systems to enable most drives. (ext2/3/4, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, CIFS/SMB)
- WiFi button works to toggle Wifi on or off (/etc/hotplug.d/button/10-radio-toggle)
- WPS button works to enable automatic Wifi-authentication with WPS-enabled devices (/etc/hotplug.d/button/50-wps) /etc/config/wireless wps_pushbutton setting controllable from Luci
- Reset button works
- IPv6: tunnel support for 6in4, 6to4, 6rd and Aiccu included in the build.
- Version information: Luci interface shows the correct build SVN revision as "OpenWrt Barrier Breaker r36500". (https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=28006)
- QoS for traffic control (package included, but initially disabled, as max speed needs to be set according to WAN connection speed)
- DynDNS support added, both the scripts package itself and also LuCI for DynDNS config
- VSFTPD FTP server package (access initially disabled by "local_enable=NO" in vsftpd.conf)
- Wake-on-LAN (WOL) LuCI module
- Nano text editor
- Support for EFI/GUID partitions
- SSL support for LuCI
- ccrypt package included for file encryption
- r31244: added support to Dnsmasq for host-specific lease times for static dhcp leases
- r33212: usb-modeswitch added for 3G modems
- r34245: lzma compression dictionary size decreased to keep the image bootable
- r34423: kmod-fs-cifs included
- r35964: added script helping to reinstall add-on packages after sysupgrade.
- r36246: TLS/SSL support added for VSFTPD
- r36377: kmod-ipt-nathelper-rtsp included
- r36467: iptables-mod-ipsec (and kmod-ipt-ipsec) included
- r36750AA: Also AA switched to use new ipv6-support modules instead of radvd
- r38237: trunk gcc compiler options reverted to improved defaults (34kc instead of generic mips32r2)
- r38456: build environment tweaked: attitude and trunk separated, and Luci included as a feed. Explanations in https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=215166#p215166
- r39183 trunk: WPS pin code set to the original value given by Netgear in the label at the router's bottom
- r39350: GNU wget and hfsplus file system support added
- r39670AA: he.net 6in4 tunnel login fix from 39646 backported to AA12.09
- 39930AA: trunk wifi drivers backported to AA (r39927 & r39928)
- r40015: trunk collectd 5.4.1 (Luci statistics)
- r40295: logread/logsize bug 15357 should now be fixed
- r40300: reverted back to use log_size options, as it has support is luci and the new logd now supports it
Note: As I have been building my version with standard kernel options, the Attitude Adjustment 12.09 and trunk snapshot modules should be compatible with my builds, in case somebody wishes to add modules to my build.
---- Instructions for re-creating my build environment are in the next message ----