Topic: IPv6 oriented Openwrt build for WNDR3700/WNDR3800
I have built a rather minimalistic build for WNDR3700/WNDR3800 focusing just on the features I need. This is pretty much the basic IPv6 enabled router setup matching the WNDR3700 hardware without additional fancy stuff.
WNDR3700 firmware downloads are in Dropbox.
Download site: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t52c02rm20y8x9p/khFGAJu3gc
Short link: http://db.tt/4FM5if8e
I build the bleeding edge Trunk "Designated Driver" and the stable "Chaos Calmer 15.05" version.
- Trunk / Designated Driver: r47162
- Chaos Calmer 15.05: r47162 (opkg downloads from CC15.05 directory since r46848)
Documentation for the ipv6 configuration can be found at http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network6
Luci GUI contains my own patches for showing the WPS button setting and informing about the reset functionality.
Full configuration and source code diffs included, in case somebody wants to utilize info in own builds.
(I only upload the versions to the FTP server after flashing my own router, so the build has at least that much quality assurance process.)
- USB storage automounting
- Support for various file systems to enable most drives. (ext2/3/4, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, CIFS/SMB)
- WiFi button works to toggle Wifi on or off (/etc/hotplug.d/button/10-radio-toggle)
- WPS button works to enable automatic Wifi-authentication with WPS-enabled devices, /etc/config/wireless wps_pushbutton option (also controllable from Luci)
- Reset button works
- IPv6: tunnel support for 6in4, 6to4, 6rd and aiccu included in the build.
- Version information: Luci interface shows the correct build SVN revision.
- QoS for traffic control The 'sqm-scripts' package is included, but initially disabled, as max speed needs to be set according to WAN connection speed
- DynDNS support, also in LuCI
- VSFTPD FTP server package (access initially disabled by "local_enable=NO" in vsftpd.conf)
- Wake-on-LAN (WOL) LuCI module
- Nano text editor
- Support for EFI/GUID partitions
- SSL support for LuCI
- ccrypt package included for file encryption
- r31244: added support to Dnsmasq for host-specific lease times for static dhcp leases
- r33212: usb-modeswitch added for 3G modems
- r34423: kmod-fs-cifs included
- r35964: added script helping to reinstall add-on packages after sysupgrade.
- r36246: TLS/SSL support added for VSFTPD
- r36377: kmod-ipt-nathelper-rtsp included
- r36467: iptables-mod-ipsec (and kmod-ipt-ipsec) included
- r38237: trunk gcc compiler options reverted to improved defaults (34kc instead of generic mips32r2)
- r39183: WPS pin code set to the original value given by Netgear in the label at the router's bottom
- r39350: GNU wget and hfsplus file system support added
- r40300: reverted back to use log_size options, as it has support is luci and the new logd now supports it
- r41800: luci-app-diag-devinfo has been removed (also its dependencies)
- r42420: wps hotplug script modified to match currently needed hostapd_cli options
- r42673: miniupnpd settings: leave upnp off by default in /etc/config/upnp
- r42769: SQM (Smart Queue Management) QoS system from Cerowrt
- r43205: IETF BCP38 functionality added (tab in Firewall config in Luci)
- r44594: trunk: patches for uhttpd log spam, hotplug for sqm-scripts
- r46118 DD trunk: collectd updated to 5.5.0 (Luci statistics)
- r46710: Luci statistics tweaks & fixes
- r46763: Luci opkg package listing fixes
- r46815 trunk: devs have disabled telnet. If root password is not yet set, then just ssh without password.
- r47006 trunk: a new Luci theme "material" included. Default is still "bootstrap"
- r47073: build environment: scripts modified, support both git and svn as the main repo
- r47102: Old qos-scripts has been removed and SQM is the only QoS in firmware
Note: As I build with standard kernel options, the Chaos Calmer 15.05 and trunk snapshot modules should be compatible with my builds, in case somebody wishes to add modules to my build.
Note: A special version of my firmware that has the mtd write-protection removed from u-boot, u-bootenv and art partitions is available in subdirectory art_partition_binary_contents / firmware_with_no_write_protection. That enables you to edit/overwrite u-boot and art. That is highly dangerous and can permanently brick the router. But it might still be needed at some recovery operation...
---- Instructions for re-creating my build environment are in the next message ----