Topic: Build for WNDR3700/WNDR3800
I have built a rather minimalistic build for WNDR3700v1, WNDR3700v2 and WNDR3800 focusing just on the features I need. This is pretty much the basic IPv6 enabled router setup matching the WNDR3700 hardware without too much additional fancy stuff.
Note that this build is not compatible with v3, v4 and v5 that have totally different hardware.
I build the new LEDE trunk and 17.01 branch (LEDE is spin-off by most of the Openwrt core developers).
- LEDE master: lede-r4553-a89c36b508-20170711
- LEDE 17.01: lede1701-r3463-c047c344c6-20170713
- Openwrt trunk / Designated Driver FINAL BUILD: trunk-r50107-20170526
- Chaos Calmer 15.05.1 FINAL BUILD: chaos-r49479-20161221 (opkg downloads packages from CC15.05.1 directory)
WNDR3700 firmware downloads are available in Dropbox:
Download site: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t52c02rm20y8x9p/khFGAJu3gc
Short link: http://db.tt/4FM5if8e
I only upload the versions after successfully flashing my own router, so the build has at least that much quality assurance process.
Full configuration and source code diffs included, in case somebody wants to utilize info in own builds.
See the patch files included in each build's download directory.
Good ipv6 support is now standard in Openwrt, so I am dropping the IPv6 from the title. Documentation for the ipv6 configuration can be found at http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network6
- LuCI with HTTPS SSL support
- USB storage automounting
- Support for various file systems to enable most drives: ext2/3/4, FAT, HFS+, CIFS/SMB, (NTFS read-only)
- WiFi button works to toggle Wifi on or off
- WPS button works to enable automatic Wifi-authentication with WPS-enabled devices
- Reset button works
- IPv6: tunnel support for 6in4, 6to4, 6rd and aiccu included in the build.
- QoS for traffic control The 'sqm-scripts' package is included, but initially disabled, as max speed needs to be adjusted to WAN connection speed
- DynDNS support, also in LuCI
- VSFTPD FTP server package with TLS/SSL support (access initially disabled by "local_enable=NO" in vsftpd.conf)
- Adblock package (initially disabled)
- Wake-on-LAN (WOL) LuCI module
- Nano text editor
- EFI/GUID partitions supported
- ccrypt package included for file encryption
- r31244: added support to Dnsmasq for host-specific lease times for static dhcp leases
- r33212: usb-modeswitch added for 3G modems
- r35964: added script helping to reinstall add-on packages after sysupgrade.
- r36377: kmod-ipt-nathelper-rtsp included
- r36467: iptables-mod-ipsec (and kmod-ipt-ipsec) included
- r39183: WPS pin code set to the original value given by Netgear in the label at the router's bottom
- r39350: GNU wget and hfsplus file system support added
- r41800: luci-app-diag-devinfo has been removed (also its dependencies)
- r42420: wps hotplug script modified to match currently needed hostapd_cli options
- r42673: miniupnpd settings: leave upnp off by default in /etc/config/upnp
- r42769: SQM (Smart Queue Management) QoS system
- r43205: IETF BCP38 functionality added (tab in Firewall config in Luci)
- r44594: trunk: patches for uhttpd log spam
- r46710: Luci statistics tweaks & fixes
- r46763: Luci opkg package listing fixes
- r46815 trunk: devs have disabled telnet. If root password is not yet set, then just ssh without password.
- r47006 trunk: a new Luci theme "material" included. Default is still "bootstrap"
- r47073: build environment: scripts modified, support both git and svn as the main repo
- r47102: Old qos-scripts has been removed and SQM is the only QoS in firmware
- r47486: enable sha256 certs in Luci by switching to default SSL implementation (polarssl)
- r47641 trunk: added "cake" modules for SQM QoS (might be temporary)
- r48730: Add support for 'adblock' with LuCI interface (adblock is initially disabled)
- r49379 DD trunk: Change Luci to use Openssl instead of Polarssl in DD trunk
- lede-r1297: adjust to sha256sums instead of md5sums in build scripts
- lede-r1298: show also sha256 checksum for sysupgrade in Luci
- April 2017: aiccu is removed as SixXS will stop operations in June
Note: As I build with standard kernel options, the Chaos Calmer 15.05 and trunk snapshot modules should be compatible with my builds, in case somebody wishes to add modules to my build.
Note: A special version of my firmware that has the mtd write-protection removed from u-boot, u-bootenv and art partitions is available in subdirectory art_partition_binary_contents / firmware_with_no_write_protection. That enables you to edit/overwrite u-boot and art. That is highly dangerous and can permanently brick the router. But it might still be needed at some recovery operation...
---- Instructions for re-creating my build environment are in the next message ----