Zram configuration

Upon installing zram I get an error that device zram1(which would be the zram swap for the second of the two cores of the CPU) isn't available. Where are the configuration files for zram located so I can go in and manually inspect them and edit them to get this working?

The number of devices created by zram is a parameter sent to the kernel module during initialization; for example, I use modprobe -sv zram num_devices=4 in a script.

Why then is it trying to mount 2 devices, which is the correct amount given the number of cores, but only having created 1?

Additionally, where is the script that it sets up on its own at install? I'd prefer it just install the bloody modules and what not and let me configure it but it tries to be smart and ends up failing.

The script called upon opkg install is /etc/init.d/zram start. As far as I know there is no dedicated configuration for it.

In this case simply install kmod-zram instead of zram-swap.

1 Like

I am getting an error trying to install kmod-zram due to certain modules failing to install. Below I have attached the output of just trying to install a single one of the modules manually:

root@LEDE:/lib/modules/4.4.61# opkg install kmod-lib-zlib-deflate
Installing kmod-lib-zlib-deflate (4.4.61-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01.1/targets/mvebu/generic/packages/kmod-lib-zlib-deflate_4.4.61-1_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk
Configuring kmod-lib-zlib-deflate.
failed to find a module named zlib_deflate
Collected errors:

• pkg_run_script: package "kmod-lib-zlib-deflate" postinst script returned status 255.
  • opkg_configure: kmod-lib-zlib-deflate.postinst returned 255.

how about do it for mt300n-v2 mango