Zbt WG1602 and Telit LM960

Hello!

I'm new to openwrt, and was hoping to install it on my new ZBT WG1602 v02. This is a dual pcie modem, dual sim model. The device came from ZBT with an older image, but I would like to update it if possible.

I logged into the web gui and it says "Powered by LuCI Master (git-19.340.43762-0675b80) / LEDE Reboot SNAPSHOT 17.01 20.0622_095807"
kernel version is 4.4.61

The modem I'd like to get working with this is: Telit LM960

I installed the modem, but it doesn't seem to be recognized. Again, I'm new to this, but my understanding is this modem uses qmi, and so I think I need to install some packages to support that before it will work, right?

A guide I read on how to update openwrt suggested downloading the newest image for my device, and using the luci gui to flash it, but thats my first roadblock - I can't find any image for my model. Should I just try the firmware for another ZBT unit with similar specs?

I'd really appreciate some guidance here to help me towards my goal of getting this modem working. openwrt + lte modems is an unfamiliar territory for me, and its a lot to take in all at once.

Thanks in advance.

Your router is not (yet?) supported by OpenWrt, see https://openwrt.org/toh/start?dataflt[Brand*~]=zbt&dataflt[Model*~]=wg

Thanks, I had read the guide and after finding that table didn't have an entry for my model, I posted here. Another part of the guide encouraged people to check with the forums if their model isn't listed.

Is a lack of an entry in the support table basically the end of the road? Are images for other similar ZBT routers likely to work somewhat, or is that very unlikely?

Hi, I just bought the same Modem. Model

ZBT-WG1602
Architecture MediaTek MT7621 ver:1 eco:3

Firmware Version LEDE Reboot SNAPSHOT 17.01 21.1110_173058

Kernel Version 4.4.61

I have had nothing but issue's with it, cannot change IP address via Luci, have to SSH it. I cannot access ISPY Connect either via Local host or the web. I am sure its a learning curve but seeing that Open WRT does not support this device I am concerned. I have had no luck setting up port forward in the GUI for Agent, it just locked me out the internet and I had to reboot. I know this doesn't help you but I thought I would pass on my experience.