Xiaomi mi wifi 3 support

Yep im not even typing it, i tab the name for autocomplete. And yes i do get the writting secuence and it goes well that is the strangest thing.

I copied the file to the /tmp folder just to be sure is not the USB drive but even then it doesn't work.

I have exactly your problem. Did you manage to solve the problem?

U-Boot 1.1.3 (Apr 15 2016 - 17:46:32)

Board: Ralink APSoC DRAM:  128 MB
Power on memory test. Memory size= 128 MB...OK!
relocate_code Pointer at: 87fb8000
enable ephy clock...done. rf reg 29 = 5
SSC disabled.
!!! nand page size = 2048, addr len=4
..============================================
Ralink UBoot Version: 4.2.S.1
--------------------------------------------
ASIC 7620_MP (Port5<->None)
DRAM_CONF_FROM: Auto-detection
DRAM_TYPE: DDR2
DRAM component: 1024 Mbits
DRAM bus: 16 bit
Total memory: 128 MBytes
Flash component: NAND Flash
Date:Apr 15 2016  Time:17:46:32
============================================
icache: sets:512, ways:4, linesz:32 ,total:65536
dcache: sets:256, ways:4, linesz:32 ,total:32768

##### The CPU freq = 580 MHZ ####
 estimate memory size =128 Mbytes

Please choose the operation:
   1: Load system code to SDRAM via TFTP.
   2: Load system code then write to Flash via TFTP.
   3: Boot system code via Flash (default).
   4: Entr boot command line interface.
   9: Load Boot Loader code then write to Flash via TFTP.

3: System Boot system code via Flash.
Booting System 2
..ranand_erase_write: offs:40000, count:20000
.Done!
done
## Booting image at bc600000 ...
   Image Name:   MIPS OpenWrt Linux-4.14.89
   Image Type:   MIPS Linux Kernel Image (lzma compressed)
   Data Size:    1596367 Bytes =  1.5 MB
   Load Address: 80000000
   Entry Point:  80000000
.........................   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
commandline uart_en=0 factory_mode=0 mem=128m
No initrd
## Transferring control to Linux (at address 80000000) ...
## Giving linux memsize in MB, 128

Starting kernel ...

[    0.000000] Linux version 4.14.89 (ador@ubuntu) (gcc version 7.3.0 (OpenWrt GCC 7.3.0 r7365-95daf4c441)) #0 Tue Dec 18 17:25:50 2018
[    0.000000] Board has DDR2
[    0.000000] Analog PMU set to hw control
[    0.000000] Digital PMU set to hw control
[    0.000000] SoC Type: MediaTek MT7620A ver:2 eco:6

Unfortunately, this method did not work either. Do you suggest another method?

Hi, i think file is deleted. it gaves error 404 file not found. can you re upload it?

Hi, I had the same trouble with the beginning. How do you resolve? I start the router and don't have choice to chose in the beginning...

Hi, I want to switch from OpenWrt (22.03.3 with kernel 5.10.161) to the latest X-WRT, but when I flash x-wrt-23.10-b202310140123-ramips-mt7620-xiaomi_miwifi-r3-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin, X-WRT stays with kernel 5.10.161 and can't work properly.
Could you tell me how to flash the system and the new kernel for X-WRT? Thank you in advance.

your safest bet is to return to stock 1st.

Do you have any instructions for reverting to the original firmware?
I've started to follow the Revert to stock procedure here, but I don't have the rights to write to the mtd partitions.

Same thing for me with the Mi3G V1, which I bricked while trying to restore it and just flash proper OpenWrt on it.

PandoraBox does something odd with the bootloader partition, where it is locked down and even emergency flashing the stock firmware does not get it replaced (I also had PandoraBox on my Mi3, which is why I did not yet try with it), and even via serial it is locked down ( I managed to unlock permissions to wipe the partition, but not to write to it, which is how I bricked it).

I still need time to use an external NAND programmer (technically a PS3 jailbreak kit) to back up the firmware from a second Mi3G V1 I ordered off AliExpress and modify it with unit-specific data from my bricked Mi3G (such as the MAC addresses) to resurrect it, as well as budget for a second Mi3, to do the same there, and hardware flash the original firmware.

And yes, should I manage this, I do intend to upload cleaned (from unit-specific information) images for others to hardware flash after inserting their own unit-specific information.
Who knows, perhaps I will even do a similar image, just with Breed as the bootloader and OpenWrt as the OS (for the Mi3, it will be an unofficial image, for well-known reasons) later on.

1 Like

I found this:

But I think I'll stick with my version for now, I'll avoid playing dumb to avoid bricking it :grin:
Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

Hi, I had the same problem. Did you resolve the problem?

Hello,
I had this router working with X-WRT once but then I bricked it by erasing kernel0 because it wouldn't boot kernel1.

Now I'm using serial console but it doesn't even access USB where I have miwifi.bin, replicated as firmware.bin and root_uImage, following some posts above.

It doesn't also respond to serial input of '1' key option, at none in fact. I have TFTP setup with kernel0.bin on 192.168.1.2 but it doesn't stop to ask.

The connections are right: TX-RX. RX-TX. GND-GND, with 3.3V serial-to-usb adapter.

The console output is:

U-Boot 1.1.3 (Apr 15 2016 - 17:46:32)                                           

Board: Ralink APSoC DRAM:  128 MB                                               
Power on memory test. Memory size= 128 MB...OK!                                 
relocate_code Pointer at: 87fb8000                                              
enable ephy clock...done. rf reg 29 = 5                                         
SSC disabled.                                                                   
******************************                                                  
Software System Reset Occurred                                                  
******************************                                                  
!!! nand page size = 2048, addr len=4                                           
.nfc_read_raw_data: fail                                                        
nfc_read_page: fail                                                             
read again:                                                                     
nfc_read_raw_data: fail                                                         
read again fail                                                                 
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment                                

Ralink UBoot Version: 4.2.S.1                                                   
--------------------------------------------                                    
ASIC 7620_MP (Port5<->None)                                                     
DRAM_CONF_FROM: Auto-detection                                                  
DRAM_TYPE: DDR2                                                                 
DRAM component: 1024 Mbits                                                      
DRAM bus: 16 bit                                                                
Total memory: 128 MBytes                                                        
Flash component: NAND Flash                                                     
Date:Apr 15 2016  Time:17:46:32                                                 
icache: sets:512, ways:4, linesz:32 ,total:65536                                
dcache: sets:256, ways:4, linesz:32 ,total:32768                                

##### The CPU freq = 580 MHZ ####                                              
 estimate memory size =128 Mbytes                                               

Please choose the operation:                                                    
   1: Load system code to SDRAM via TFTP.                                       
   2: Load system code then write to Flash via TFTP.                            
   3: Boot system code via Flash (default).                                     
   4: Entr boot command line interface.                                         
   9: Load Boot Loader code then write to Flash via TFTP.                       

3: System Boot system code via Flash.                                           
Booting System 1                                                                
read again:                                                                     
read again fail                                                                 
## Booting image at bc200000 ...                                                
Bad Magic Number,FFFFFFFF, try to reboot                                        
read again:                                                                     
read again fail                                                                 

And then loop again forever. Reset key has no effect.

Can somebody help, please?

Have you tried using mi wifi repair tool?

Press and hold the reset button while powering the router (you can monitor the process via the serial console).

Thank you for helping.

Yes, I tried that. The reset button has no action at all, either pressed while power-on or even during the boot loop. But it was working before the brick. Frankly, I haven't tested the switch for contact although it would be a huge coincidence. I'll do that tomorrow though.

What do you mean by mi wifi repair tool? The above procedure? Or the miwifi.bin file on the USB stick? As I said before, the USB stick isn't even being accessed and I've format it many times with FAT32 using a windows computer.

I've also set up a TFTP server with kernel0.bin but the boot process doesn't stop on the key "1" to ask for the server ip, it loops forever.

Any other ideas?

This is very surprising.
If this is true, then everything is very sad...

What do you mean by mi wifi repair tool?

This TFTP/PXE server from xiaomi (alternative link). Use it with the stock firmware.

You need to press and hold the reset button while powering up the router to initiate the recovery process.

Alternatively, you can convert the router to miwifi mini, and use official openwrt images for miwifi mini.

Blockquote

At the time? How about now? Could it be supported now?

BTW: WOW this post is years old and when I ask for help with my X-WRT MIR3 my post gets closed in five minutes by a clown mod. Lol

Blockquote

And my comment got flagged, by the same clown mod I guess, of course.

Just help ppl with their Openwrt situations, buddies. It’s amazing how you prefer to use and lose the time just rejecting people than take FIVE minutes to try and see what is going on with their horrible external and foreign disgusting forks/build, if it can be solved with the oh so sacred knowledge of the main project community, GREAT! if not, THEN move on. Amazing I say. All this energy towards negative xenophobic rejecting ways could get otherwise be positive and maybe actually help ppl. But nooooo.

Peace :v:

At the time? How about now? Could it be supported now?

I don't know, maybe? You can submit a PR if you want. For me, converting miwifi R3 to miwifi mini is the way to go.

And with MT7620 capabilities nowadays, you probably only want it for light duty, like AP, or maybe also sharing a printer (with p910nd).

1 Like

Please, share that patch to gist.github.com. Because link is broken.

Yeah I actually just want it and I am using it [with x-wrt fork] for light duty, Or at least that’s what I think it is. It manages WANs. Failover mode. I don’t know if that falls under your category of light duty. Does it? The rest of the routing gets done by a DL-868l

About miwifi mini conversion, if I flash that firmware [into MIR3] will it still be capable of doing failover mwan3 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi client?