Xiaomi Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition (R4AG/R4A Gigabit) -- fully supported and flashable with OpenWRTInvasion

can't install mwan3

The installed version of package kernel is not compatible, require 5.4.111-1-a3753a3b… while 5.4.124-1-a3753a3b… is installed.

@Byte
Does this version have hardware offloading?
Thank you for your work.

Hi, could you please guide me step by step how to change completely your 3gv2 router to mi4a gigabit firmware?

You can not change it as it is might have the same cpu and stuff but it lacks appropriate hardware like the gigabit ports

Hello @ulpian ,
As far As I know , There is no Hardware mod out there for adding usb ports to routers.

Hi there,
Thanks for your reply.
I've seen this kind of modifications done on some devices before. Like archer c6 hardware mods.
for example: https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer_c6_v2#hardware_mods
According to the mt7621 datasheet the chipset seems to have a USB host capability. So potantial USB expansion sounds great! Maybe there is a way but we don't know yet.
ulpian

@InvalidOpcode

Thanks for sharing. Did you tested the official RC too? What are the most relevant changes in Mt driver patches?

I haven't tested the official RC but speeds and stability should be the same on 5Ghz.

@l.scorcia

Hello @Byte, is the only difference in your build the different firmware file? Where is it from?
Did you try submitting this file to the main project?

Yup. The only difference is a newer firmware file. The MT76 project initially used a newer firmware but rolled back as it caused stability issues for other devices.

@dorede @josephhoo

The installed version of package kernel is not compatible, require 5.4.111-1-a3753a3b… while 5.4.124-1-a3753a3b… is installed.

Update OPKG lists to let it pass the signature checks before searching for packages.

@Basix

Does this version have hardware offloading?
Thank you for your work.

It should. I haven't touched anything related to mt7621.

It's July now,I wonder when they going to release the official 21.02

1 Like

Hello, today I tried installing OpenWRT on my Xiaomi Mi Router 4A 100M but I think I've bricked it. When I tried unbricking it with Tiny PXE it didn't show the 192.168.1.2 option. How to unbrick it?
I need help

Edit: I am new to flashing custom firmwares so any help would be apriciated!!!

Did you used Acecilia's method? and where did you get your .bin(image)?

https://youtu.be/VxzEvdDWU_s use this method for installation and debrick

That is what I am saying. When I go to changing the IP there is no option to choose 192.168.1.2. And yes, I used this method.

Use a static IP like this one 192.168.1.25
If you don't know how to change it use this method

Don't forget to change it back to default when you're done debricking

I did that. Now what?

After changing the static IP use the TinyPxe debricking tool

Ok, I did whatever the guy in the video said. I don't understand what to do after those 10 minutes of waiting after I go "Online" in Tiny PXE

A little update: Now one of the lights is turning on and off in intervals of 2-2.5 seconds. While it is flashing I cannot connect my PC to the device trough Ethernet cable. Please help!!

Is there any way to turn off WAN(?) LED? I can turn off power LED but the other keeps blinking.
4A Gigabit Ediiton
Trunk from few days ago.

2 Likes

try to ssh or telnet into it. You need a software called PuTTY and my advice would be to use a Linux system, for windows just use a virtual machine. I did mine like this.