Xiaomi Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition (R4AG/R4A Gigabit) -- fully supported and flashable with OpenWRTInvasion

No, I only tried it by using the UI so far.

Im not an expert when it comes to command line configuration.
I tried your command but it just tells me "-ash: config: not found"

Oh okay.
That was not a command. I'm sorry I should have been more clear.
I meant you just need to add this line to your in network file. Which is located on /etc/config/network
option macaddr 'XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX'

You can do this in various ways. You can edit it with nano or vi via ssh on router.
First of all install nano on your router (a simple text editor) with these commands.
opkg update && opkg install nano

and open your network file with nano
nano /etc/config/network

after that add option macaddr 'XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX' line in end of WAN section. Then save changes (CTRL + O) and exit (CTRL + X)

It should look something like this

config interface 'wan'
        option macaddr 'AA:11:BB:22:33:44'

And you just need to reboot or service restart changes for the changes to take effect. You can restart the network service with
/etc/init.d/network restart or you can reboot with reboot

Good luck!

1 Like

Just to report on my previous findings regarding 21.02rc2.
I stand corrected, VLAN settings are available under devices, if one clicks on the br-lan bridge.
The problem is, it doesn't work the same way as it used to in 19.x.
You don't see the initial vlan setup which separates lan and wan interfaces and therefore are not able to put wan port into the same vlan as the lan ports, if you just want the device as dumb AP and don't want any separation between the ports.
Granted, bridging works, but I fear it could affect performance since it uses software switch instead of just having all ports in the same VLAN.

1 Like

Hello to everyone. I encountered an issue with OpenWrt 21.02-rc2.
I am getting internet through a PtP (Ubiquiti loco 5 AC) so lan of POE goes to wan of xiaomi. On Openwrt 19.07.7 everything is working right but on a fresh install of 21.02 with default settings, the wan is not working. I ruled out broken wan port by assigning lan2 or lan1 to be wan but still the same problem. Then i completely remove wan and bridged everything together, still no connection (btw i always check ip addresses (if same network or other things bla bla)). So i thought this might be a speed negotiation issue but i didn't know how to do it manual. Anyway i tried using a switch like UBNT POE -->switch<-- Xiaomi and it worked. So now i have 2 questions.

Firstly, did someone else had this problem, or is it just me?
Do you think it's a bug or just a coincidental incompatibility with the ubnt?

Thanks in advance

Try this also download firmware specific to your device.

1 Like

21.02 rc2 has a problem in Wireless Network,there is no 5ghz WiFi

Hi everybody. I checked the openwrt compatibilty before and got the opportunity to buy a MI router 4A 100M for only 10 bugs so I did. It was shipped with fw version 3.0.10 and I tried the openwrtinvasion out of the box but could not telnet the router. So I downgraded to version 2.18.28 and tried the hack again but still can't telnet the device. Any hint why it's not working (maybe anymore because of a hardware revision)? Thx.

Openwrt invasion needs an Internet connection for the exploit to work.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint. I didn't know that but the PC had internet all the time via wifi. Or is the router supposed to have internet?

The router

1 Like

Oh ok thanks then no wonder that it doesn't work. I will try again.

Edit: right it's working with a internet connection for the router. I can telnet. Thx.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. That worked for me perfectly.

With this guide I was able to flash version 2.18.28 on my Xiaomi router.

I didn’t update through Xiaomi interface to version 2.18.58. I directly tried to flash OpenWRT on my device a second time. I followed @hoddy’s YouTube video again. This time I succeeded and very happy now.

1 Like

Thank you so much. That worked for me perfectly.

With this guide I was able to flash version 2.18.28 on my Xiaomi router.

I didn’t update through Xiaomi interface to version 2.18.58. I directly tried to flash OpenWRT on my device a second time. I followed @hoddy’s YouTube video again. This time I succeeded and very happy now.

1 Like

I just saw this piece of code while browsing the source.

fixed-link {
				speed = <1000>;
				full-duplex;
				pause;
			};

This is may be relevant. Or maybe not.
Found in

target/linux/ramips/dts/mt7621.dtsi

Good morning how are you.
I introduce myself I am a new openwrt user, I have encouraged to try openwrt on my xiaomi Mi router 4A Gigabit edition, but I have a problem, apparently I already have openwrt installed on the router, but I am not able to access it through the web interface, I have installed luCi, but it does not allow me to access either, please I ask for your help, any data you need or photo that I must show I will.
Thank you.

That's odd,have you tried accessing ssh?
If you can, try reinstalling luci
opkg update
opkg install luci

Yes, I have accessed by SSH, I leave you a screenshot.
I have also carried out the steps you have told me, but I still cannot access it through the web.
Any more ideas? I'm desperate.

Thank you.

After installing luci you have to start and enable it (so it will start at every boot) :slight_smile:
/etc/init.d/uhttpd enable
/etc/init.d/uhttpd start

I have followed the steps and it still does not work.
Captura de pantalla (16)

I can build snapshot for you,just tell me what packages do you want to include?