Xiaomi Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition (R4AG/R4A Gigabit) -- fully supported and flashable with OpenWRTInvasion

If that is still wireless-to-wireless, then your access point is actually pushing 460-520 mbit/s (in the 230-250 case), since it has to receive that data AND send that data. The 866 mbit/s is a theoretical figure that would be physically possible in the best possible scenario. Getting ~40-50% of that figure is already REALLY good, and you are getting close to 60% of those figures. That's nothing to sneeze at and REALLY solid performance.

Practical performance not even coming close to theoretical performance is just part of WiFi. All WiFi products have that. Your setup seems to be performing exceptionally well.

@Zorro Please Help! Mi Router 4a (R4AC) bricked during downgrading. Steady Orange LED and can't access the login page. Tried your this method but stuck here. Nothing happening. image

Hello please help me.
I have r4a gigabit edition Global
Exploit works
when rebooting after flashing system-upgrade.bin
it bricks
When i tried the initfs-kernel it works but when installing the system-upgrade via mtd i found that there is no kernel partition. I tried to update it too via system update on luci but it always bricks.

The only thing that works for me is the snapshot build from this forum but i want to try backports build please help me I tried upgrading from snapshot to backports it also bricks.

Snapshot build was the only one that works for me

I tried araujorm,bit-byte and zorro firmware but no luck.

Note: the kernel.bin is working but when i will flash the systemupgrade it says cant open kernel for writing and i tried to cat there is no kernel :frowning:

Today, after 3 days uptime, it seems the device has rebooted, because I have 4 hours uptime and no electricity problem
Unfortunately I cannot see any log, there isn't anyway to debug the problem?
Latest 19.07.4 @araujorm build.

If the device crashed and rebooted by itself, openwrt should have left a crashlog in memory. If you ssh to the router does the following command show anything?

cat /sys/kernel/debug/crashlog

Unfortunately, for the moment only I can have access to device only from my phone.
This is what I get from ConnectBot, it is an incomplete log.
When I will have pc access, I will look again in this problem.
LE: kernel log is clear, no errors, from what i see, logging is after device rebooted...

Bro please help me. I cant install any openwrt firmware beside the Snapshot from OpenWRT. I tried your sysupgrade but no luck then I tried the kernel when i booted on openwrt itried to install the sysupgrade but there is no partition named "kernel"

It is working now i flashed this firmware. it was the only one and snapshot from openwrt that works on my device

@araujorm build is already tested, it is working, so it's clear if not working on your unit, you doing something wrong there.

provided you have set your ip to static in the 192.168.31.*** address range it should be fine, it just automatically starts uploading after doing the reset. I actually had to make sure to switch my VPN off as it was interfering with the process...

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Adjusting my expectations accordingly, I guess I am now satisfied.

Final question though, no chance we will see 160mhz channels on this machine? I imagine it's dependent on chipset capabilities, not the OpenWrt software, because where I am, I have no competition on 5ghz :joy:

You are right that this requires hardware support, which this router is unfortunately lacking :frowning:

1 Like

Is there something like a time frame when it might be stable? I want to buy one but when I read of crashes it has kind of a bad taste to it and I might wait or choose another router.

Mine is running as AP only (l2-Bridging) and works perfectly fine.

2 Likes

I didn't do anything wrong the firmware is not corrupted or whatsoever, i followerd carefully the guide and just like what i said. I managed to make it works but with only snapshot build and this specific firmware and nothing more https://github.com/araujorm/openwrt/releases/tag/mir4ag-19.07-20200722
Just like what the guy on the top Situation. What can be wrong?

My guess is that the kernel 4.14 of openwrt 19.07 branch does not support correctly certain flash chips, while the snapshots are already using kernel 5.x.

What is amazing is that specific build I did works, and others much alike I also did do not. Still haven't found an explanation nor how I could make another working build with this branch for those suffering from the problem. I looked for the commits since and before, but something is slipping me.

The code used and the builds are tagged on my GitHub cloned repo, as well as the config files used, if anyone versed can take a look there and suggest...?

Or else I'm confident openwrt 20 should be out before the end of the year. It's just a hunch, but I have faith :slight_smile: After it's out and stable we won't need these backports. So it's just a matter of time and waiting for the openwrt team to keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Thank You Very Much bro we all hoping to see openwrt 20

who build Stable build??

if no Stable build i will sell this router..

1 Like

I've never experienced crashing and ive been running for months with no issues, I had a power cut 27days ago but hopefully this is proof:

2 Likes

You are on 19.07.3, not the latest, as I see.
Hmm...It could be more stable than latest 19.07.4?
If you tested latest, what's the best uptime?

1 Like