Xiaomi Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition (R4AG/R4A Gigabit) -- fully supported and flashable with OpenWRTInvasion

i'm deleting Wireguard, OpenVPN, Dyn DNS and install Adblock + Stubby (>.<)

Here in Romania it's cheap. 8 EUR / month, unlimited traffic.

here, in Indonesia, Bigest FO provider 20Mbps around 20-22 Euro/month.. im using this speed..
Highest just up-to 100Mbps..

Please note that if you're using my builds, those are built into the compressed sysimage so you won't gain any free space by "removing" them (unless you compile your own sysimage without them). In fact, by doing that you may even end up with less space since what it does is mark the files as deleted. The sysimage itself can't be modified unless reflashed fully. That's how these embedded devices work, a compressed sysimage and a separate flash partition with the changes, called the overlay, both in memory emulate a real filesystem.

But even if you decide to build your own sysimage, you will gain only a few KB at most so I wouldn't really bother if I were you. But it's your choice, should you want you can check a few posts earlier with generic instructions on how to clone my 19.07.04 latest fork tag and build from the source.

Best regards.

2 Likes

yeahh.. i'm not get back "free space" after removing them..
they just "dissapear", not really deleted from sysimage..

i think/hope i will get free space after uninstall, like OS windows, android, Linux..
i'm wrong.. hahaa..

so better i disable them on Startup for reducing system load rather than uninstall them??
i'm really really not needed them(Wireguard,OpenVPN & Dyn DNS)

btw i'm succesfully build own image based Snapshot + only Luci, no tweak bla bla bla..
its take time almost 10hours to compile..

better using your build.. hahaa..

They should only be started if you configure them, but if you want to really ensure just disable them, won't hurt if you don't use them.

As for compiling times... try building make -jX where X is the number of threads your CPU has. For example, make -j16 for a 8 core with 2 threads per core CPU. That way it will build what it's possible in parallel. Should build in 30 minutes at most, even less depending on your machine and disk speed.

1 Like

okay.. better i disable them from startup fo sure..

my pc is very old, intel i5 4590 4C/4T.. its enough for me build own image,, i dont want compile again.. i'll waiting yours build..

oohh.. your latest build or my own image snapshot i cant install opkg nft-qos(for limiting bandwidth per IP/MAC).. error said "kernel missmatch bla bla..."

You need the ipk packages that I built when I compiled the latest release (the one in a zip file) and install them manually. Please read the notes on the github release page.

Hello, @araujorm I have a question if you are so kind to solve me.
Does your latest build have PPPoE support in the openwrt-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_mir3g-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin file?
Or does it have to be installed later with the files in the packages folder?

Yes, it have.

1 Like

Hey @GoTex,

I just merged a PR updating pycrypto to pycryptodome :+1:

3 Likes

Just a question, can I upgraded dirrectly from luci interface with an compatible sysyupgrade image?

1 Like

yes, it works perfectly and in most cases can keep all your settings too. You may need to clear your browser cache after to allow you to log in.

1 Like

Yes, me too. This is the commit that causes these disconnects:

https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=f0cc5f6c0a72b7da9ed5915cf561e2f81d514c68

Felix was already notified, for now either revert to one commit before this, or try to ignor this commit and try without it.

My kernelog is spammed with this messages.

1677.009672] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 3 link down
[ 1679.519915] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 3 link up
[ 1682.502955] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 3 link down
[ 5453.391217] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 3 link up
[ 5462.067256] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 3 link down
[ 5464.774724] mtk_soc_eth 1e100000.ethernet eth0: port 3 link up

It seems it's a Wi-Fi problem to wlan1 (5 GHz)
Complete log:

That's not a WiFi issue. It's the ethernet connection on port 3 dropping and immediately reconnecting again.

This device have only 2 Lan ports.

And one wan-port which is nothing else than a 3rd LAN port.

Ohh I see... So it is a Wan port dropping connection problem?
I will try to change the cable between router and the fiber modem.

A 3rd ethernet port to be exact :wink:

1 Like