Xiaomi Mi Router 3G - Upgrade from 19.07.8 to 21.02.0

Hello,

I tried to upgrade my Mi Router 3G to last version (21.0.2), but I obtain this message :

Device xiaomi,mir3g not supported by this image Supported devices: xiaomi,mi-router-3g R3G mir3g xiaomi,mir3g - Image version mismatch: image 1.1, device 1.0. Please wipe config during upgrade (force required) or reinstall. Reason: Config cannot be migrated from swconfig to DSA Image check failed.
The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform.

What is the right approach please?
I have to check the 'force upgrade' button ?

Thank you for your help.

With all upgrade 19.07.x to 21.02.x if new image is good requiert:

1 - force upgrade
2 - reboot with default parameters

And I have to set up all parameters manually?

https://forum.openwrt.org/uploads/default/original/3X/1/5/15feea0d3095a0fda48c0241ecec5ff2b648f1b5.jpeg

Untag : Keep settings
Tag : Force upgrade

1 Like

Hello.
I apply this, but after upgrade, I can't access to the router...

Boot is OK (led is blue), but I have no access (navigator or ssh).
I wonder if the IP might not have changed, but I can't find it.

Before upgrade, IP was 192.168.2.2. (it's a dump ap)

Can you help me please ?

For information : I did a reset (press the router button for 10 seconds), and I was able to access again via 192.168.1.1. I changed the IP and put the confs back. it works.
On the other hand, that does not reassure me for the update of the main router. I'm not going to update right away ...

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.