My ISP (DIGI) uses PPPoE with a weekly connect time.
They don't like multiple dial-ins, and responds with
Too many sessions. And when the router don't hang up the connection properly, one should wait a few minutes to timeout the
Too many sessions response.
Here is a log about my problem:
- PPPoE connection ends with
Connect time expired
- router redials immediately and ISP accepts
- got a modem hangup with connection time 0.1 minutes
- subsequent redials fail until the
Too many sessionstimes out at ISP
- after 6 minutes the router is able to create the
A similar problem I could reproduce with a simple
ifdown wan command:
- the router redials the PPPoE connection
- ISP denies with
Too many sessions
- wired access to router lost for a few seconds ()
- ISP accepts in a minute ... instead of 5+ minutes
What's going on?
Why the first redial terminates after a few bytes?
Why does start the router redialing even if I explicitly asked for