I have found a mobo with an intel n3160 (4 cores, 1.6GHz) for 40€. Would it be a good idea to use it as a wifi router? I already have a spare 2gb ram stick at home for it and an msata ssd.
Here is a pic of it:
- With Intel Celeron N3160 CPU ( 4 cores, 4 threads, 1.60GHz, up to 2.08GHz ) on-board;
- Works with 1x DDR3L 1333/1600MHz 1.35V memory, max to 8GB;
- Support 1x mSATA and 1x 2.5 inch SATA, free send SATA connector cables;
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet LAN, 1x HDMI, 1x VGA, 4x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0 ( free send expansion USB connectors ), 1x MIC, 1x SPK;
- 1x half height size Mini PCIE for WiFi/Bluetooth module;
- OS support Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Linux, Ubuntu and more.
Which dual-band wifi card should I buy? Is there any which can work at the same time in both bands as an AP?
Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am a newbie in OpenWrt