X86 problem after building

Hi everyone,

After building my x86 image (as usual) strongswan stopped to work.
I rebuild it again without stronsgwan package. Now, when I try to install it via opkg I get:

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install strongswan-full
Installing strongswan-full (5.9.0-1) to root...
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/x86_64/packages/strongswan-full_5.9.0-1_x86_64.ipk
Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-crypto-user found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-ipt-conntrack-extra found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for strongswan-full:
 * 	kernel (= 5.4.74-1-635c1c3a44da708172b381dc7312ac40)
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package strongswan-full.
root@OpenWrt:~# uname -a
Linux OpenWrt 5.4.74 #0 SMP Thu Nov 5 19:29:48 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux
root@OpenWrt:~#

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Many Thanks!!!

You do have to (at least) include all kernel modules you're going to use, as the hash between official builds and your own are never going to match.

1 Like

Ok, but I have changed nothing from months (config file is the same), I'm always building the same (of course I run git pull, feeds update...).

I'll try doing a clean.

After backing up .config file, removing openwrt build directory, starting again, recovering the .config I get the same message:

root@J1900:~# opkg list-upgradable
Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-nfnetlink found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-ipt-ipset found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-nf-conntrack-netlink found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
root@J1900:~#

I have no idea about that error, none of these packages are installed in my build.
Any clue what I'm doing wrong?