Wireless Scan GUI

Greetings!
After upgrade firmware from OpenWrt 18.06 / LuCI openwrt-18.06 to OpenWrt 19.07.7/ LuCI openwrt-19.07 , GUI web "Join Network: Wireless Scan" output format of available networks no longer contains a percentage value (as it was in version 18)

Can You advice, please, me how to change or fix the format output tables in the web interface to be like this
Screenshot example percent
not in "dBm", in "%"
Thanks & cheers!

May I ask why you care? The information is still the same, strongest AP's on top, weakest on bottom. There is some other number which doesn't say much, (decibel-milliwatts?), but percents doesn't say much either. (Percent of what?)

1 Like

SSH into the router and run:

sed -n 13p /www/luci-static/resources/view/network/wireless.js

If the result is

else{value='%d\xa0%s'.format(signalValue,_('dBm'));title='%s: %d %s'.format(_('Signal'),signalValue,_('dBm'));}}

execute the following:

sed -i '13s/signalValue/signalPercent/;s/dBm/%/' /www/luci-static/resources/view/network/wireless.js

Restart the browser. In some cases you may need to clear the browser cache.

Before

After

If something goes wrong, restore the original wireless.js file.

cp /rom/www/luci-static/resources/view/network/wireless.js /www/luci-static/resources/view/network/wireless.js

4 Likes

Да, теперь всё в порядке! Павел, большое спасибо за помощь!
Thank you, Pavel for helping!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.