Wireguard issue

hi,
i have 4 clients in wireguard settings... and i can see them in Status->Wireguard as peer:XXX

I added new peer in
network -> interfaces->config -> peer ... saved conf... but that peer is not visible in section
Status->Wireguard as peer

also the wireguard client (win10 host) shows constantly

The ip and port all is reachable ... bc i have other client in the same network and it works....

any idea what kind of issue is that?
thanks

Windows firewall issues? By default they don't accept connections from other networks.

i am not aware of any win firewall issue; other box is also win and no changes in firewall...

Run a wireshark on the problematic windows 10 and verify that you receive the packets.

as i mentioned that peer is not listed on status-wireguard page... all others are there.

This is not weird if there is no handshake.
Let us know how it went with wireshark.

i disabled the Firewall,

wireshark - > i can see the request was sent from client to openwrt wireguard server;
no response at all ...

Have you rebooted the router since adding the new peer?

@krazeh nope, do i have to?

It tends to help in my experience when making changes to interfaces, especially with wireguard.

hm thats weird...
is there a way to restart interface only? i mean for a new peer to reboot whole machine its not wanted... ;/

ifup wan or whatever name the interface has.

Do you see this packet on server as well? You can use tcpdump for that.
If there is a ingress packet but no response, verify the keys for this client.

ifdown / ifup of vpn iface helped.

seems bug?

thx

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.