Wired Access Point ip no showing in LUCI Active DHCP Lease

Hello,

I have working wired AP ( xiaomi router in AP mode ) connected to openwrt which is running DHCP server. I am able to use internet as usual. Sometime, when i would like to login to AP configuration page.

I try to search for leased ip in Active DHCP list in luci, but i realsed that all of my AP ip are not appearing on the list.

I am able to search for ip using "fing" apps on my android phone though.

I would like to ask , if it is normal for openwrt for not showing AP ip address?

Either the host is configured statically, or obtained a lease before you rebooted OpenWrt.

2 Likes

I have reboot openwrt. But it is still missing. It is not affecting any performance, but i just find it strange that it is not shown in Opwnwrt. I can still use other ip scanner apps to look for my Access Point Ip address though. :grinning:

The wired clients can keep their old DHCP leases obtained before you rebooted OpenWrt, while the lease file is reset on reboot.

2 Likes

Reboot the AP and wait until it boots. Then look at the active leases in OpenWrt. It would be best to assign the IP to a static dhcp lease so you don't have to look all the time which IP it got.

1 Like