Wikidevi successors in dataentries

FYI

I have now seen 3 successors of wikidevi:

As long as those sites keep using the same device naming ("Wikidevi ID") as wikidevi.com, we can now easily switch between them in the dataentries (should one decide to close down again like the original wikidevi did).

Behind, or better: in front of the Wikidevi ID is a freely configurable base-url; currently this is https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/.
Should this site go down, the base url can be changed in the wiki config to an alternate site, and all links are working again, without touching any dataentry.

Currently we have both in the dataentries: Full URL + ID only.

• Wikidevi URL for easy copy&paste filling of the dataentry (copy full URL is possibly easier than copying just the ID)
  • Wikidevi ID for easy maintenance

As a wiki admin I prefer the ID, of course :slight_smile:

Please let me know your opinion on this.

2 Likes

ID looks fine and seems a sensible solution.
My only worry is that we've now got 3 new wikidevi, and they can't possibly be in sync with each other...

Not our problem, but 2 of them need to be shut down in my opinion.

"WikiDevi ID" base-url wikidevi.wi-cat.ru was apparently unavailable for some time, probably due to DDOS (see t.me/wicatllc/160), and changed to techinfodepot.shoutwiki.com/wiki.

During editing an OpenWrt DokuWiki page, pasting the url wikidevi.wi-cat.ru, techinfodepot.shoutwiki.com/wiki or deviwiki.com/wiki will be automatically replaced by one of these interwiki links [[hwinfo>]], [[hwinfo_alternative1>]] or [[hwinfo_alternative2>]]. In preview [[hwinfo_alternative1>]] and [[hwinfo_alternative2>]] based interwiki links are not working correctly. A link to such url can be solve by typing the url instead of pasting it.

Mind the 3 mentioned WikiDevi sites seems not synced and interwiki link [[hwinfo>]] url can change due to unavailability.

If we may believe @RaylynnKnight, wikidevi.wi-cat.ru seems the main one.

Also for @Borromini it is the reference due to details.

I also had that feeling and will mainly use wikidevi.wi-cat.ru.

Maybe that one can be the interwiki link [[hwinfo>]] as much as possible till further notice?

Necro-ing this thread because it seems to be still revelant.

I found it a bit strange to be going to a .ru domain for this info, then I looked around & saw the various mirrors, all of it appears to be unmaintained and languishing at this point. I don't think the start of the war against UKR & ensuing NATO/EU sanctions against RU have helped any.

I have reasonable cloud IT admin skills (Amazon AWS) and a personal budget for hosting of say, $150 per year all-in (EC2 instance, storage, bandwidth, backups, etc.) Is that a reasonable budget for such a project? If not, does OpenWRT itself have the hosting resources to handle hosting if someone volunteered to admin the site?

Has anyone taken on the project of reviving a live, working, editable WikiDevi / DeviWiki replacement with a curated list of registered, earnest contributors?

What exactly are your issues with the contributions to wikidevi.wi-cat.ru? I know that myself and Omega appear to be the only active contributors, but I don't think any of the other sites have even 1 frequent original contributor. Most of there entries appear to be copied from our entries!