Wifi scheduler (crontab) and the modem loop reboot

Hello, i use crontab for wifi schedule but some reasons the router reboot continuously .

00 01 * * * /sbin/wifi down
00 08 * * * /sbin/wifi up
30 06 * * * /sbin/reboot
crontab -e
with eg

If i disable the reboot command with "#" placed before the command the scheduler work correctly but i can't reboot the router that is for me preferible. This commands has worked for months but now seem to have something wrong. Also i have used "crontab -e" and "with eg" pecause they were included in an example but if you don't need them I could also remove them. I don't know the exact meaning.

OpenWrt 18.06.4 on Archer C7 V.5

See here: https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/base-system/cron#periodic_reboot_of_a_router

3 Likes

Probably you can also change from a full reboot to only a restart of your network...
For example the following should be sufficient:

/etc/init.d/network restart

But there could be better solution with only restarting your pppoe connection instead of the full networking.

No juppin, I would like the complete reboot of the router that has always worked but thanks for the reply. What I don't understand is why it worked before and now it does continuous reboot.

I can only guess...that somehow your previous commands touched a file necessary to prevent continuous reboot.

I only know that updating [the last modified time of] a file in /etc is required. The Wiki states to use touch /etc/banner

well i will try. thanks