WiFi Channel 14

Hi everyone,

Just for fun (and test), is there any way to activate the wifi channel 14 on LEDE if you are not in Japan?
I suppose changing the local settings to Japan will work, but, is there any other way?

Thanks a lot,

Channel 14 is available only in 802.11b mode

that looks like one hell of a restriction.

i have it runing at 150Mbps or 300 depending on device. there are other way to activate this channel.

i have it runing at 150Mbps or 300 depending on device. there are other way to activate this channel.

If you set the country code correct for your location, and your location allows
use of channel 14, it should work.

David Lang

Ok, understood.

It should be nice to activate the channel 14 without changing the local settings (some kind of "backdoor").

Thanks a lot,

What do you mean? You managed to get channel 14 working at 150 and 300 Mbps? Or am I misunderstanding you here?

Channel 14 is only allowed in Japan - and even there only for DSSS (Direct-sequence spread spectrum) modulation, while 802.11agn/ 802.11ac use OFDM (orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing) instead.

Trying to use it elsewhere isn't just illegal, it can also become quite expensive and gives the FCC unnecessary ammunition against opensource firmwares.

yes, but with doubts it would work on windows. you need to add special channel for kernel driver.