The essence of the problem:
- WiFi isn't enabled by default in openwrt;
- Hence it's impossible to configure the router after the reset or the some kind of of failure if you have only smartphone, tablet or modern laptop without ethernet port;
- it is very inconvenient for the end user.
On the other side:
- Many routers have unique ssid and passwords that are stored in the eeprom;
- Why not to use them for the initial WiFi configuration? It's easy from a technical point of view.
Аre there any obstacles (for example, OpenWrt security policy or something different) in order to implement this solution for specific models of routers? Or I can just make an appropriate pr?