Wich country have biggest db in use?

Model

TP-Link TL-WR941N/ND v5

Architecture

Atheros AR9341 rev 3

Firmware Version

OpenWrt 18.06.4 r7808-ef686b7292 / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-19.170.32094-4d6d8bc)

Kernel Version

which country have the biggest db enabled? what can get max range please?

You should only configure the country where you are residing, illegal activities are not encouraged around here.

3 Likes

ok sorry i will

1 Like

A combination of biger antennas with low transmit power can get you further than small antennas with high transmit power, even though the EIRP is the same in both cases.

i use rpsma three of 3db i have also of 5db will it help?

Not that much.
If for example you had a 20dBi antenna with 0dB (1mW) transmit power you could still be legal in most countries and achieve better rates than with 3dBi antenna and 17dB (50mW) transmit power.

wich one is better black or white i was bought long time ago 3 4 yeuars on local web market in my country
what you reccommend me?

"OOOH, I like the WHITE ones!!!"

You can't evaluate antenna performance by looks.

(You can't evaluate them in the GHz range without very expensive test equipment either.)

4 Likes

Regardless of whether it is illegal to use other codes from countries other than yours, which is the one with the highest dBm of output, I have an NSM2 and that is limited to 22dBm having hardware that the original firmware supports up to 28. My country has no limitations on the radioelectric spectrum yet, they are still in process

1 Like

Since HF is black magic, you clearly have to take the black ones.

scnr.

Seriously, Jeff already said what can be said about those antennas.

it look they are for outdoors i tryed white and not getting ok signal before i didnt clean up mess around router ,plastic,metals,threes than i got nearly good but not enought for me, i wannet better i put 5dbi all three antenas and get 84 percent on closest laptop with qualcomm atheros wifi card
i think i will leave it like that its ok fully :slight_smile:

i have a lot 3dbi antennas on lager but they are good for close not much than 50 meters with more than 2 3 walls, with 5dbi white are ok

What is your use case? That is will it be indoor, outdoor, where are the users, how many users, etc.

-54 dBm is a very good signal but the rate of 54 Mb suggests that the client here is only capable of g mode not n.

A not very scientific evaluation of antenna performance is possible with a range test. You need a large. flat, unobstructed outdoor space. Set up the router with test antenna in one place then go about 50 meters away from it with a phone running wifi analyzer etc and observe signal level. Repeat in several locations and take an average. Then swap to a different antenna and repeat. The router just needs to be powered up and running in AP mode. It does not need to be connected to the internet.

2 Likes

in my case it is for most 4 clients 2 or 3 laptops and 1 phone , router and rooms left two rooms right one is one sometime two laptops and in the middle one phone for me its not time for tests its raining now maybe tomorrow

You should investigate why your laptop is connected only at 54Mb though it has a strong signal. Most likely it is because it has old g only hardware. That is going to slow down everything on the network.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.