Where to download packages from?

Hi everyone!

I have what might be a dumb question but please bear with me. I have a somewhat unique situation and I know someone out there has the answer for me. I'll be as thorough as possible with my explanation. Here's the long of it:

I picked up a Linksys EA6350v3 the other day as a project. My objective is to be able to hook my phone via usb to the router and broadcast the "hotspot" through the router. The OpenWRT firmware for this model is in Snapshot still so no official build yet but there are some amazing people working on getting it to an official build. I read the whole 250+ post forum topic on it and just wow.

Anyway, here's where I'm at. I have the snapshot flashed onto my router with LuCi and the only things I need to add to finish my project are a few packages which weren't included in the build; namely "kmod-usb-net", "kmod-usb-cdc-ether" and "kmod-usb-net-rndis". Should be easy, I should just be able to ssh in and command opkg and it will auto download and install the packages. Problem is, my router doesn't have internet until I'm able to tether my phone to it. Should be an easy workaround since I can also just ssh in and transfer the files to /tmp then install through LuCi. I just need to know where I can download the files from. I've looked EVERYWHERE. I can even find their technical pages on the OpenWRT website and it gives the file size but there's nowhere to click to download them! I go to the source page and again, nowhere to download! They should be simple .ko files I would think.

Anyway, if anyone knows where I can find these you would be my temporary hero. Thanks in advance for any advice :slight_smile:

If it is a snapshot the compatible packages are only available for a few days until the next snapshot and it's package are built again. In that case you will need to upgrade to the latest snapshot first

Anyway the snapshots packages are in the same tree as the snapshot

https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ipq40xx/generic/packages/

1 Like