What is the Right Way to manage and share storage w/ LuCi in 2023?

there used to be a luci-app-diskman plugin for LuCi but installing that appears to do nothing now. I'd like to be able to install and manage Samba and NFS from LuCi as well. is there still a good way to do this?

did you also install luci-compat? without it, the unofficial luci-app-diskman won't work. I't worked for me in 22.03.5.

I ended up accidentally installing this with something else and it worked. Is there an "official" luci-app-diskman?

@lleachii why the edit?

Feel free to PM me if it's not clear. My apologies if you owned the trademark.

(sorry, I can't tell how to DM?)

1. Click on user's icon
  2. Message them

screen190

My apologies again if my statement wasn't clear. I merely removed the trademark. BTW, you also have the ability to see the edits made, along with who made them:

1 Press the button that displays number of edits

screen191

Hope this helps clarify things - and welcome to the community!

that's odd, I literally don't have the message button!

(the "tm" symbol does not mean one is asserting trademark ownership of a phrase, it's a marker that something is trademarked by someone - for example, if Coca-Cola were writing copy for public distribution and for some reason were writing about an IBM product, they would probably do something like "Coke goes great with IBM Spectrum Scale™ parallel file systems!" to make clear it was someone else's IP. this is not done with permission from the owner, it's the writer pre-emptively acknowledging someone else may have registered a brand. that said, it is not legally binding in any way and is frequently [like in this case] used as an ironic signifier that a given phrase or word is referring to something widely known by many people or is an appeal to some kind of authority. no one is exposed to any liability when it is used like this, just as a heads up. no reason to edit it out!)

Private messages may not be possible for brandnew users, discourse (the software running this forum) dynamically grants (and revokes) access to 'advanced' features, depending on the involvement of the user. New users start out with a heavily restricted profile, to make it harder for spammers to annoy existing users (commercial spammers are a constant problem).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.