Good day everyone,
Main features added
- support for restarting a network interface instead of rebooting the router
- ping via a specific interface and restart that interface if the ping fails
- support for specifying ping packet size
- included a ModemManager-specific path of action
- general refactor of the code: renaming variable names, aiming for style consistency
- supports backward-compatibility with the old service type names: always, ping
The code needs another quick tidy up, and the commits need to be redone in order to make this modular and more easily acceptable/revertable, which I will do. Here is my plan for that:
A commit for each of the following:
- the first refactor
- the ping packet size feature
- the restart_iface feature
- the modemmanager specific features
I wanted to see if I should change the priorities a bit based on community feedback before starting the MR.
- Should I make it so any service can be restarted, instead of just ModemManager?
- Any other feedback?