VPN/Proxy Server Software that Supports DDNS, duplicate-cn, and Fast Non-AES Ciphers?

I would like to set up a VPN or Proxy server on my router at home that has OpenWRT to browse from other locations using the IP of the OpenWRT router and to evade some internet censorship while I am in my school wifi network.
The IP constantly changes, so DDNS support (connect via hostname) is required (how can I do this on shadowsocks-libev? this does support what I need), and I have to connect multiple sessions on an arbitrary number of machines simultaneously using a single profile, so a feature equivalent to the --duplicate-cn of OpenVPN (Wireguard is not supported) is required (yes it is potentially unsafe but I need it).
I have been using OpenVPN for this purpose, but the problem is that my router does not have AES instructions, so the speed is dreadfully slow compared to the total bandwidth of the network.
Are there any VPN/Proxy server programs that are on OpenWRT that supports the above features and offers non-AES ciphers such as ChaCha20-Poly1305?

I am not sure but Express VPN and PureVPN does support the routers that do not have AES, I am personally using PureVPN with Open VPN protocol and have configured it on openwrt router by following this guide https://www.purevpn.com/download/router-vpn, and its working fine on my router but it does have AES.

Is this a separate question?

If you're connected to a VPN, you would appear to have that service's IP address. Also, you have to ensure that the VPN provider permits inbound connections in order for DDNS to work.

Lastly, you should be able to use the same client (peer) cert on Wireguard; but obviously not at the same time.

1 Like