Usteer example config

Hi,

As DAWN has issues in my setup I like to try usteer. At first it looks more stable than DAWN but I cannot find much info how to setup it. I done the config got from OpenWRT wiki but perhaps somebody can share his usteer config with band steering and roaming support between APs for comparison.

Cheers,
Nils

Default one sends reports to lan network broadcast and handles all same-named AP-s across all nodes every 2 minutes.
If you want to change that you can use luci app or config/usteer lan network is in file beginning wifis are at the end, and micro-tuning parameters all across file.

Hi. According the page [OpenWrt Wiki] Setting up usteer and band-steering in OpenWrt the following has to be set:

Config gotchas

• For AP steering to take effect, signal_diff_threshold needs to be set to a value greater than 0.
  • band_steering_threshold does not take effect unless load_balancing_threshold is also set to a value greater than 0.
  • roam_scan_snr needs to be set to trigger client scans for roaming.
  • If roam_scan_snr is unset and roam_trigger_snr is set, then roam_scan_snr will take the value of roam_trigger_snr.

But I like to know if there are best practices or what are preferred settings for this parameters.

Regards,
Nils

But it does roam kicks with defaults...