Uploading with curl

You may have to settle for the version you can get on. Doesn't look like the upgrade is working.

@psherman @account4538 thanks a lot. But, well, how do we get back. upgrade or not, it's constantly now only rebooting itself. any ideas on how I get back, even to the version I have, which really is the original firmware by the manufacturer? Thanks a lot.

Get into the emergency web interface again and restore the system as you did before.

I have managed to get the emergency web interface back, after different reset options with a pin on the reset hole, and then hard configuration on my machine:

And visiting with firefox:

But firefox will not flash the firmware file:
dcs932l_v1.14.04.bin
Gives:
"Unable to upload imagine, please make sure the uploaded file is the correct image"

But firefox will not flash the firmware file
dcs932l_v1.14.04.bin
Gives
Unable to upload imagine, please make sure the uploaded file is the correct image

You may need to settle for the older version of openwrt if this is the only image that works.

There may be some information on how to make the newer factory images into sysupgrade images for your device. It's strange there are only factory images for 18.x.

@d687r02j8g thanks. the current problem now is how to get the original firmware back on the device, before I decide to go with 17 or 18 of openwrt. as i pointed out earlier, i get the error of unable to upload image. any ideas, please?

I'm unsure how to get the original firmware back. But you can flash OpenWrt using the files you used previously.

Thanks a lot. I will give it another try, this time I will use the 18, the other link you sent later. And I will let you know the result. But just out of curiosity, do you think the netcat method could be used?
thanks a lot. you're kind and very patient.

Must be something with the image. Perhaps the factory one has extra headers vs a sysupgrade one. You could open both in a hex editor and have a look. There might be something in the openwrt build script which gives a clue too. I'm not knowledgeable enough so only guessing at this point!