Unsupported functions WRT32X

Hi there,

as I don't want to wait another 2 years for 802.11ax to become available I focused on 802.11ac wave 2.
After reading alot I'm about to buy the WRT32X. It's just an aesthetic decision over the WRT3200ACM, as the blue/black appearance is unpleasantly ugly :roll_eyes:
When reading the techdata, I came across
Unsupported Functions: IPv6 until bug fixed
Following the link, it doesn't give anymore information on this bug and neither does openwrt git.

So questions are:

1. Will this bug be fixed at all?
  2. I assumed the difference between WRT32X and WRT3200ACM would be negligible - so why does IPv6 work with the WRT3200ACM but not with the WRT32X?

Thanks - at least for reading,
ssdnvv

I don't understand that linkage, as that issue as I understand it was related to the HW offload of that particular device, which the venom does not possess. I can say that a rango on master has no such issue, and doubt very much whether the venom does on current 18.x stable.

1 Like

Thanks. This is just what I thougt it would be, too. So maybe a owner of a WRT32X could help out with this information?

The linked bug report doesn't make sense for non-mt7621 devices (e.g. the wrt32x, APU2 or TL-WDR3600 listed in that bugreport), as the bisected 'faulty' commit only adds code conditionally applied (and only covering that particular hardware) to the ramips target. IPv6 itself is largely hardware agnostic, yes wlan hardware needs to properly support multicast traffic for it to work, but other than that there isn't a whole lot for the hardware to interfere (hardware NAT/ firewall offloading IP cores might be an exception here, but again - that's only mt7621 so far, not mvebu).

1 Like

I’m not sure if I’m reading the wiki log correctly (data tables being a little abstracted) but I think @fearless made the change where the ipv6 bug showed up? Do you have any more info?

It’s also possible he made a completely unrelated change :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree that the issue doesn’t make sense, but I don’t have ipv6 to test it.

I'm running davidc502's build on a WRT32X and can confirm that IPv6 works perfectly. I'm using a Hurricane Electric tunnel with a delegated /48 prefix on my LAN.

2 Likes

I guess the IPv6 comment can be removed from the wiki. I thought the scope of the bug report was too narrow but the wrt32x is probably only broken for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.