Unfi AP AC LR: VLAN support

How can I configure VLAN on my Unifi AP AC LR?

My "main router" is a TP Link DL-WRT1043ND with LEDE. VLAN support works fine there. I do not want to use wireless with this device but I want to use the Unfi device above to provide wireless.

I want to setup a Guest network. According to this page (openwrt.org: 'Configure a guest WLAN'
: section 'Multiple network devices')
this can be done using VLAN only.
According to this page (lede-project.org: 'Techdata: Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC LR') Unfi AP AC LR does support VLAN.

In the Web interface of the Unifi AP the switch section is missing.

How can I configure VLAN on my Unifi AP AC LR?

Hi, did you figured out some solution? I have the same issue now. I have flashed my Unfi AP AC LR with last openwrt (OpenWrt 18.06.1 r7258-5eb055306f / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-18.228.31946-f64b152) ) and missing switch settings for VLAN settings.
My main router is apu2 with opnsense and trunking VLAN to my first AP (TP-Link 1043D, works fine here).
How can I setup my VLAN in Unfi AP AC LR?

Hi, the good news is, that it does work here.

Unfortunately I cannot provide a detailed howto now.

If I remember correctly the trick is: When adding a new "Interface" under "Network" -> "Interfaces" you need to chose "custom interface" in the drop-down menue of "Cover the following interface" and type "eth0.5" for instance (VLAN 5 is my guest network).

Then under "Network" -> "Wireless":
Afterwards you can link a wireless network to the new interface.

This does more or less (in)directly link a wireless notwork to a VLAN.

ok, thank you, I figured it out too, but I was not sure, if it enough to get vlan working on it.
gonna try it at home. :smiley:

wow, works out of the box, grazie!!

Hello my dear friend.
Please help with an example of setting up vlan.
I've already broken my head. Unable to start Unfi AP LR. I'm trying to do this on 22.03.3-ath79-generic-ubnt_unifi.
Unsuccessful :frowning:
Any advice from the community.

It should be fairly straightforward....

Can you describe what you are trying to do:

• is this a dumb AP configuration with a main router that is providing multiple networks via VLANs?
  • or are you trying to create a guest wifi on a dumb AP?
  • or is the device acting as a router?
  • Is the VLAN being used for wifi only, or does it need to use both wifi and ethernet? (a topology diagram can be useful here).