Unable to upgrade firmware via web or via sysupgrade (SSH) for board Wallys DR6018V4

Hi everyone!
I'm using board Wallys DR6018V4 with CPU Qualcomm-Atheros IPQ6010.

The past few days, I tried to upgrade OpenWrt firmware for this board with file firmware wallys2openwrt.img ( Wallystech/firmware (github.com)) on Luci web GUI. It failed with the message:"The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform" (as figure 1). Then, I tried with other files sysupgrade (.bin) of the board DR40xx and DR531 downloaded from OpenWrt website ( [OpenWrt Wiki] Table of Hardware), but it still failed with the same message above.

Yesterday, I found the method to flash firmware through the SSH interface on the OpenWrt forum. It recommended using command "sysupgrade -T '' to verify the image file. With file wallys2openwrt.img, it returned the message:" Image check 'platform_check_image' failed.". Then, I tried another file with the extension is .bin or .trx, but it still doesn't work.

So firstly, what is the correct method to update the firmware, especially for my board DR6018V4? Because the old version of OpenWrt can't update other packages and doesn't have some features such as adding a new interface or adding VLAN, I want to update the new firmware.
Thank you for any assistance. Pls help me.

There is no support for ipq60xx in OpenWrt so far, talk to Wallys or your distributor.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. They sent me this link and told me DR6018 supports OpenWrt, I could use it to develop ( Wallystech · GitHub)

it does, but it's their openwrt/build, not "our".

1 Like