Unable to install needed packages due to kernel incompatibility

Hello,

I am troubleshooting another issue with port forwarding and need to be able to install the iptables package. However, it seems that the iptables-legacy package is incompatible with my kernel version. That could be because I am on a snapshot and not a stable release. I am using a Linksys e8450 router currently. https://openwrt.org/toh/linksys/e8450. Looking at this page it doesn't seem that there is a stable version to install for this router. Any direction on how to resolve this in order to be able to install packages on my router would be much appreciated. Please let me know if there is any other information needed.

Current version: OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r18728-fb6cf22866

Thanks for your help,
Tim

Correct.

Install the latest snapshot, then install the packages.

Trying to update to the latest snapshot and this is the message that I receive (see image below). I believe that I went the ubi route as stated on the router page linked above. I don't like doing a force install, but I believe that it is the correct version of the snapshot for my router.

See the UBI section on the device page.

If you did not convert to the UBI layout...

...you would use the "standard" snapshot.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.