UCI Parse Problem

Linksys WRT3200ACM

OpenWrt 22.03.2

uci: parse error (invalid character in name field) at line 1, byte 37 /etc/config/clamav-milter is broken

i cant find there any error.

maybe post /etc/config/clamav-milter here?? Nobody can help you unless we can review the file itself.

2 Likes

Also, this can't be too hard for the OP to find, as the issue seems to exist on Line 1.

2 Likes

If only there existed a way to identify the offending character’s position in line 1 :rofl:

1 Like

There is; but we would need to see OPs file.

Place into a hex editor, browse cursor to Byte 37 (most editors show Hex and Bytes like a office productivity app shows lines/columns...if you don't want to count.

I've seen this before when someone uses a back quote/grave accent mark:

` :point_left:

Instead of a single quote:

' :point_left:

1 Like

If the line is 37 characters long and the error position corresponds to the end of line, then the issue might be windows (\r\n) vs. unix (\n) newlines

4 Likes

@jow i'm experiencing the same problem with clamav-milter that came with clamav 0.104.2-1 on OpenWrt 22.03.5

the config file doesn't have any crlf, and this is the default config file from the package, the package might be defective, it might be with the - (dash) or the apostraphe??

Yes, this configuration is invalid. clamav-milter is an illegal section name. Dashes are allowed for types but not for names (historical limitation due to shell variable name compatibility).

3 Likes