Ubiquiti AP AC Pro DHCP instead static IP

Hi,

we want to change the firmware of the Ubiquiti AP AC Pro to OpenWrt.
After flashing the AP has an static IP Adress which is not practicable in our enviroment, cause we have many APs in external enviroment.

Is there existing another firmware image for the AC Pro where DHCP is default enabled?

Otherwise I found the online image builder

https://chef.libremesh.org/?version=21.02.0&target=ath79%2Fgeneric&id=ubnt_unifiac-pro

But I am an OpenWRT newbie and not familiar with the Syntax.

The AC Pro should work after flashing OpenWRT as DHCP Client and not with the static IP 192.168.1.1

Can anyone help please?

Configure an example unit the way you want then extract the /etc/config files from it, in particular /etc/config/network has the network parameters of DHCP versus static.

The page you linked creates a LibreMesh image, specifically for setting up a LibreMesh network. So instead use a local copy of Image Builder. Create a directory files/etc/config within the top Image Builder directory and place the custom config file(s) there. This file will then be in the image and start working immediately from the first boot.

1 Like

Thx for your hint. But no one has compiled a ready image with this settings?
In my opinion it makes no sense that the device is set to an static IP which is configured in the OpenWRT image by default

I installed debian and openwrtbuilder but i did´n t know which things I have to choose after command make menuconfig

The image builder is simpler and faster than build from source code. Either way though offers the same mechanism to include custom files from a files/ directory.

Get the image builder tar from the same downloads.openwrt.org directory with the pre-built release for your model-- it is at the bottom of the page after all the models.

Ok I downloaded the imagebuilder and added the foldersstructure "/files/etc/config/" in the root of the imagebuilder folder.

In the "/files/etc/config/" I created a file named "network" which contains the network configuration:

#/etc/config/network 

config interface 'loopback'
	option ifname 'lo'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
	option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config globals 'globals'
	option ula_prefix 'fdcb:9bde:4f7c::/48'

config interface 'lan'
	option ifname 'eth0'
	option force_link '1'
	option type 'bridge'
	option proto 'dhcp'

config interface 'lan2'
	option ifname 'br-lan'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '192.168.254.1'
	option netmask '255.255.255.0'

config interface 'wan'
	option ifname 'eth1'
	option proto 'dhcp'

config interface 'wifi'
	option proto 'static'

I build an image with following command:
make image PROFILE=ubnt_unifiac-pro FILES=files
Flashed the image on the AC Pro AP.
After reboot AP has no IP. Can´t reach the AP

The FILES= switch is for where output files go. You don't need it here. Once there is a files/ directory, input files will automatically be built in.

Your lan2 makes no sense. Use a known-working config file rather than write from scratch.

I got the config file from https://openwrt.org/toh/ubiquiti/unifi
ok i try to copy a known config....
but i have to make sure that the folder structure in the "Files Folder" is the same structure as on the AP?
Example:
/etc/config/network on the AP
than
/files/etc/config/network in the Imagebuilder Folder

right?

Yes that is right.

I think the AC Pro has a switch not eth0 and eth1. But that will be clear on examining the config file on a running device.