An OpenWRT configuration for a network with a single router and multiple wireless access points. The network has the following characteristics:
- One router, multiple dumb access points.
- One SSID across both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
- One SSID across router and all access points.
- Fast switching/handover between access points.
- Access points can be daisy-chained to other access points.
- A wired connection to a computer can be attached to the router or each access point.
- As much as possible rely on DHCP, no static IP addresses.
- Each device can use its Internet port to connect upstream, all other LAN ports remain available.
Full description and Ansible playbook at https://github.com/danielvijge/openwrt-configuration-ansible