Trying to get the AWUS036ACH working :D

Hello folks,

I am new here and new to OpenWrt. Actually I haven't even used it yet :v, but I'm getting things ready.

I have here AWUS036ACH and I have been told that this adapter is not stable in OpenWrt. My question is, should I look for a wifi router that supports this adapter or it does not depend on the router?

If it depends on the router, would please suggest a router that is compatible with this adapter.
If it does not depend on the router, I have the " Lenovo Newifi Mini Y1 " in the list to purchase, is it a good router or not and do you recommend it ?

Thanks in adv~

Outside Kali Linux this specific device is a real hard work to get working on any Linux device.
But it isn’t a ordinary wifi device either!

1 Like

Thanks for your reply,
Can't agree more flygarn, it is unstabel and in the same time it's quite powerful.
What can you say about its compabilty with the mentioned router?

I haven’t tried so I can’t really say much for the router.

I have tried both in Ubuntu and Mint to get it working just to get simple AC speed for wifi and I haven’t succeeded yet and google help isn’t giving much positive feedback.

Seems that all have the same problem?

I guess you could try if you find some drivers that fits both openwrt and the wifi chip, if it works it works…

1 Like

I will do that as soon as I get my router ...
Thanks for your help flygarn <3

1 Like