I own a TP-Link Archer C20 v4 router since 2018 and it was working perfectly.
Today, I wanted to install OpenWRT on it, in order to learn new things.
Here's what I tried, on my Linux machine :
- I installed the
- I checked that the
tftpd-hpaservice was running
- I downloaded the
- I verified its SHA-256 checksum
- I copied it in
- I tested the TFTP client, which returned
- I changed the file permissions to
- I tested the TFTP client again, which returned no error anymore
- I changed my IP address to
- I unplugged all ethernet cables except the one connected to my Linux machine
- I powered off the router
- I began pressing the reset button
- I powered on the router
- The wireless LED began blinking fastly
- I checked that my Linux machine detected an ethernet connection
- I stopped pressing the reset button
- The wireless LED continued to blink
- The wireless LED stopped to blink after a few seconds
- All LEDs began to blink simultaneously (at the end of a blink cycle, the www LED turns red and the power LED turns off a half-second after the others, before they all turn on again, etc.)
If I turn off then on the router, all LEDs start blinking again.
It doesn't respond to ping.
If I try again, it will do exactly the same thing.