Travelmate support thread

Sorry, CC is too old and is not supported (to be honest I have no time & no test device for that). Just curious, why did you still use CC on the HT-TM05!? I'm using such device with latest OpenWrt snapshot flawlessly ... :wink:

Truth be told, I just found an image for it online/on the openwrt site (using a premade image, there was a wip forum somewhere around here for it).
Just curious, what do I have to do to get the latest and greatest openwrt running on it? Ideally I'd love to run something less ancient, assuming there's enough space on the device for that...

(Specifically, I was just following the instructions on it's device page: https://openwrt.org/toh/hootoo/hootoo_ht-tm05)

Setup your own buildroot environment based on the target profile for GL-MT300N. Or send me a short email to my maintainers address and I'll send you my working image in return.

Is there another forum for travelmate discussions/support? Having a single thread makes finding relevant information nearly impossible.

The reason I am looking for this is I have an issue that I could use some input on that will likely take some creative scripting as it involves flaky connections and the need to reset the wireless AP and restart both travelmate and openvpn in a smooth manner.

TIA

If you don't find a solution in the forum, just open a new topic or describe your issue within this thread.

Alright, I've started Smoothly restarting wireless radio, travelmate and openvpn?

Hi folks! Definite newb here so bear with me! I installed openwrt on my Hootoo TM04 a long time ago and never really messed around with it until now! Anyway now I am trying to install Travelmate on it and it is not really working out. I can get the Travelmate to install but I cannot seem to get the luci companion to install. Any ideas? Are there any walkthroughs of the process online anywhere?

Thanks,

John

that's unrelated to travelmate, please open a new thread for that.

See the first post with download links & the online doc (take the latest snapshot version!). In short: download both packages to your routers /tmp directory and install them via opkg.

Thanks for the response Dirk! I fooled around with it a bit more and realized I wasn't running 18.06. So I upgraded and then I was able to install the 1.2.2 package with the luci companion right through the gui! Now I just have to fool around with it a bit today to hopefully get it working correctly.

Thanks again,

John

How would you integrate Travelmate with this setup?:
Redacted

Should I switch the ap to be use trm_wwan and change it so it's like lan? Maybe I'm missing something but it's not working like that.

Fixed I've replaced wwan with trm_wan

Hi, I'm having a problem here. I have two 802.11x uplinks, and each loses connection (unable to access the Internet) periodically every 4-6 hours. But once one connection is lost, travelmate doesn't seem to detect the problem and the internet keeps "not alive". Could you please help with this? Thanks!

Which travelmate version? Please test with the latest snapshot version (1.4.4) and provide debug logs plus your config settings - thanks!

The log files showed that travelmate detected the problem (net nok), but it didn't switch the network (because I was using the highest priority network?), it only switched after I changed the priority list.

Fri Apr  5 19:16:17 2019 user.debug travelmate-1.4.4[2856]: f_main ::: active station prioritized 'radio0/xxx/-' - break
Fri Apr  5 19:16:22 2019 user.debug travelmate-1.4.4[2856]: f_check::: mode: initial, name: wlan0, status: true, quality: 80, result: net nok, connection: net nok/81, wait: 1, max_wait: 30, min_quality: 35, captive: 1
Fri Apr  5 19:17:27 2019 user.debug travelmate-1.4.4[2856]: f_check::: mode: initial, name: wlan0, status: true, quality: 81, result: net nok, connection: net nok/81, wait: 1, max_wait: 30, min_quality: 35, captive: 1
Fri Apr  5 19:17:27 2019 user.debug travelmate-1.4.4[2856]: f_main ::: status: true, proactive: 1
Fri Apr  5 19:17:27 2019 user.debug travelmate-1.4.4[2856]: f_prep ::: config: default_radio0, mode: ap, network: lan, radio: radio0, trm_radio: -, trm_active_sta: -, proactive: 1, trm_eap: 0, trm_rebind: 1, disabled:
Fri Apr  5 19:17:27 2019 user.debug travelmate-1.4.4[2856]: f_prep ::: config: default_radio1, mode: ap, network: lan, radio: radio1, trm_radio: -, trm_active_sta: -, proactive: 1, trm_eap: 0, trm_rebind: 1, disabled:
Fri Apr  5 19:17:27 2019 user.debug travelmate-1.4.4[2856]: f_prep ::: config: cfg053579, mode: sta, network: trm_wwan, radio: radio0, trm_radio: -, trm_active_sta: cfg053579, proactive: 1, trm_eap: 0, trm_rebind: 1, disabled: 0
Fri Apr  5 19:17:28 2019 user.debug travelmate-1.4.4[2856]: f_prep ::: config: cfg063579, mode: sta, network: trm_wwan, radio: radio0, trm_radio: -, trm_active_sta: cfg053579, proactive: 1, trm_eap: 0, trm_rebind: 1, disabled: 1
Fri Apr  5 19:17:28 2019 user.debug travelmate-1.4.4[2856]: f_check::: mode: dev, name: radio0 radio1, status: true, quality: 0, result: true, connection: net nok/81, wait: 1, max_wait: 30, min_quality: 35, captive: 1
Fri Apr  5 19:17:28 2019 user.debug travelmate-1.4.4[2856]: f_main ::: active_radio: radio0, active_essid: "xxx", active_bssid: -
Fri Apr  5 19:17:28 2019 user.debug travelmate-1.4.4[2856]: f_main ::: iwinfo: /usr/bin/iwinfo, dev_list: radio0 radio1, sta_list: cfg053579-radio0 cfg063579-radio0, faulty_list: -
Fri Apr  5 19:17:28 2019 user.debug travelmate-1.4.4[2856]: f_main ::: active station prioritized 'radio0/xxx/-' - break
Fri Apr  5 19:17:33 2019 user.debug travelmate-1.4.4[2856]: f_check::: mode: initial, name: wlan0, status: true, quality: 81, result: net nok, connection: net nok/81, wait: 1, max_wait: 30, min_quality: 35, captive: 1
Fri Apr  5 19:18:38 2019 user.debug travelmate-1.4.4[2856]: f_check::: mode: initial, name: wlan0, status: true, quality: 81, result: net nok, connection: net nok/81, wait: 1, max_wait: 30, min_quality: 35, captive: 1
Fri Apr  5 19:18:38 2019 user.debug travelmate-1.4.4[2856]: f_main ::: status: true, proactive: 1

Config:

config travelmate 'global'
	option trm_captive '1'
	option trm_iface 'trm_wwan'
	option trm_triggerdelay '2'
	option trm_maxretry '3'
	option trm_minquality '35'
	option trm_rtfile '/tmp/trm_runtime.json'
	option trm_enabled '1'
	option trm_proactive '1'
	option trm_radio 'radio0'
	option trm_maxwait '30'
	option trm_timeout '60'
	option trm_debug '1'

Thanks! The logfile excerpt looks quite normal ... does this happen if you disable travelmate, too?

Sorry I don't quite understand why the net was not ok while travelmate didn't switch the connection. My connection losses access to Internet periodically so I need travelmate to help me switch...

"net nok" is (currently) no criteria for an uplink switch. From travelmate perspective your uplink signal strength is quite good and the connection itself is stable - therefore your "AP" is reachable and travelmate stays on your prioritized station.

Even my android device stays on an uplink without internet ...

:frowning:

Sad... Is it possible to add this feature of detecting internet availability in the future? Since many APs arr kinda "dead" ones

Yep the underlying detection logic is already "on board" ... I'll put it on my todo list ...:wink:

Hi, I'm going to try your latest version(from trunk) on branch 18.06. Do think that something may not work ?