after a quite long COVID-19 related outage I come up with a brand new travelmate pre-release series. I would like to test the new version with lot's of OpenWrt travelers around the world ...
Edit: I've openend now the PR for travelmate 2.0 in the official repo!
- more or less a complete rewrite in major parts of the former 1.x version
- new package dependency: curl (plus one of the existing hostapd/wpad variants)
- optional package dependencies (needs separate setup of these packages):
- 'msmtp' for email notification support
- 'wireguard' or 'openvpn' for vpn support
- removed WEP support, only WPA2/WPA3 are supported!
- new, more robust setup wizard (CLI and LuCI)
- more robust captive portal detection
- randomize mac addresses with every uplnk connect
- automatic vpn handling during uplink switch (only classic/simple client-setups for wireguard or openvpn are supported) - no fancy multivpn setups!
- email notifications after successfull uplink connections
- automatically disable uplinks after n minutes, e.g. for timed connections
- automatically (re-)enable uplinks after n minutes, e.g. after failed login attempts
- complete LuCI rewrite - migrated to client side JS, see screenshots in the second post
- only compatible with master (in 19.07.x is curl too old)!
- please stop former travelmate versions (or remove travelmate completely to test setup wizard)
- download & install the pre-releases from above github link: opkg install <...> (use --force-reinstall for the luci package!)
- slightly tested with latest master
- .login scripts are still WIP
- no documentation update yet, e.g. regarding msmtp setup
- even if it's running in my setup for several weeks expect many outstanding bugs!
It would be great if you could test this pre-release as well - thanks!