TP-Link TL-WR841N(D), WA701N(D), WR740N(D), WR741N(D), WR743N(D), WR940N, WR941N(D) - LADUS / JULIA / Ultra Lite / VPN builds

Never tried with SQM. Get a second router to do the SQM if it starts lagging.

Hi 0xCrypt! Thank you very much for your special compilation for me! It was a bit tricky to install because the device said it won't work, but with sysupgrade command in CLI the sysupgrade-version worked from Lede 17.01!

Unfortunately I haven't had the possibility to test the wireguard-tunnel so far, but it was possible to create at least the interface. So after testing I will report again.

Thank you very much again and maybe it's possible to provide this image also for others who wanna use wireguard on the tplink 741 v4.21

No problem.
I believe the v4 firmware I compiled works on v4.21 as well. iirc the numbers you see after the dot usually describe the region ie EU, US, South America etc.

I configured a wireguard tunnel with an wr841v9 through a wireless transit network. I just reach around 10 MBit/s through the tunnel while the shown datarate in the overwiew page says 65 MBit/s in wr740 v4.21 and between 72 MBit/s and 130 MBit/s in wr841 v9.

CPU load is in both devices under 1. It's between 0.4 and 0.7 in both devices during max traffic.

So does anyone know the bottle-neck?

is the wireless stable now?